Good evening all! Hoping that the long wait between stories is not leaving you chilled (like poor Wendy Peyser in the freezer). We have a few things to discuss. We have some issues on improving the quality of the site to discuss and get some consensus on, so please be sure to vote in the polls below before March 31, 2013. The longer time in the off-season for voting may be less necessary with one of the proposals below, but in the meantime we are just snagging eyeballs. (No, not like that.)
First to the announcements:
- Welcome back to Izzy, an admin returned from long absence.
- Everyone seems to be liking the new Forum, with many active discussions.
- AHS Wiki is looking for leadership in posting appropriate news and articles to the para-communit…
As Asylum comes to a close, we look back on some of the parts of the story that worked, and the parts that fizzled. Whether you think of them as Briarcliff Manor's security system (which was somehow never noticed by Sister Jude!) or as troubled souls contorted by a sadist, Arden's creations are part of a more basic controversy: what do we call them?
Production (aka, the people who make the show) call them Raspers. That word was never used on the show, much like the characters in a zombie film or television never use the word "zombie", by tradition. They also used the name "Infantata" to describe what became of poor Thaddeus Montgomery. No character used that name during Murder House. Yet Infantata gets a page named after him, and the Rasper…Read more >
Good evening all! Hoping that Bloody Face has not left you disarmed. We have a few things to discuss. We have some issues on improving the quality of the site to discuss and get some consensus on, so please be sure to vote in the polls below before December 12, 2012.
First to the announcements:
- Please welcome our new admins: OGRastamon and American Morality!
- The great migration to "Theory:" has gone off mostly without any hitches.
- AHS Wiki is experimenting with para-communities, starting with Facebook, Google+, and Tumblr. Watch for details!
- When we're not fluffing pages, the contributors like to philosophize at the Tao of AHS Wiki.
UPDATE: Final poll results:
- AHS:About RATIFIED (6 for, 0 against)
- AHS:MOS RATIFIED (5 for, 0 against)
- Capitalization issu…
- He was in a Santa suit sucking on a candy cane with a girl on his lap. What is going on there?
- Well, I can tell you Ian and I had a lot of amazing Christmas things to do together. Sister Mary Eunice has something to do with why his character is wearing that Santa suit. She has a lot of Christmas spirit, that's for sure.
- So there will be a Christmas episode of American Horror Story?
- Oh yes. Of course, right? That was one of my favorite ones to shoot, actually. Ian and I got to do some really evil things together, and I have to say it was a career highlight. He's such a wonderful man. We had great stuff in the common room, with all of those background actors, the inmates. I can say Christmas will never be the same for me after shooting that epis…
Announced today: We can expected a third televised miniseries of American Horror Story
- from Inside TV
- American Horror Story is getting a third season.
- The FX horror anthology shock-fest has ordered 13 more episodes from executive producers Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. “With American Horror Story: Asylum, Ryan and Brad have raised the bar in every way from Murder House, the first American Horror Story miniseries,” said FX president and general manager John Landgraf. “And their original idea—the notion of doing an anthological series of miniseries with a repertory cast—has proven groundbreaking, wildly successful and will prove to be trendsetting. We can’t wait to see what deviously brilliant ideas they come up with for their third miniseries.” …