Greetings, Horrorstorians! We're about to check into Hotel, the exciting fifth story to bind them all. This Wiki needs your help. Two years ago, we started a tradition: a logo or icon for each story. The elements of that logo were integrated into other facets of the Wiki (like the wallpaper).
We're using these logos wherever there are story interconnections, but also in our mobile app to signify different areas. This is your chance to shine!
Entries will be chosen by October 14, 2015. Please continue to submit entries in this space. There are some rules.
- Logos must be larger than 300x300px in their original forms.
- They should be related to the story (duh).
- They should be able to scale smaller and larger (within reason) so that we can use different elements.
- For this contest, the results must not be animated.
- For the Coven logo, there are 3 main unique elements. Coven is the third story. Likewise, the Freak Show logo has four tent poles. Hotel will be the fifth story. Bonus points if you can incorporate this type of numerology.
- For the Coven logo, three strong women are depicted by use of symbols (Fiona as a mask, Marie as a snake, Delphine as a bull's head). Use of reusable symbols to represent aspects of the story or characters are highly encouraged. (Hint: Asylum, the second story, had two nuns; Light and Dark featured heavily in the teasers and artwork.) Art Deco elements abound in Hotel promos so far.
- Recurring elements inspired from the teasers are also highly encouraged. The "mouth" for example, features in most of the artwork and teasers for Freak Show. This is reflected heavily in the Freak Show poster.
Please be sure to indicate your entries somewhere, like this post's comments, where they can be found. Ready? Let's get to designing!