Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Good evening all! Hoping that Bloody Face has not left you disarmed. We have a few things to discuss. We have some issues on improving the quality of the site to discuss and get some consensus on, so please be sure to vote in the polls below before December 12, 2012.
First to the announcements:
- Please welcome our new admins: OGRastamon and American Morality!
- The great migration to "Theory:" has gone off mostly without any hitches.
- AHS Wiki is experimenting with para-communities, starting with Facebook, Google+, and Tumblr. Watch for details!
- When we're not fluffing pages, the contributors like to philosophize at the Tao of AHS Wiki.
UPDATE: Final poll results:
- AHS:About RATIFIED (6 for, 0 against)
- AHS:MOS RATIFIED (5 for, 0 against)
- Capitalization issues
- Section headers Title Case (9 for, 0 against)
- Infobox titles Title Case (8 for, 0 against)
- Infobox data Sentence case (5 for, 2 against)
- Cast Pages proposal APPROVED (9 for, 0 against)
- Infobox issues
- Characters proposal APPROVED (6 for, 0 against)
- Episode proposal APPROVED (6 for, 0 against)
- New standard boxes APPROVED (6 for, 0 against)
- Microdata integration APPROVED (6 for, 0 against)
- New Forum / Board feature APPROVED (7 for, 0 against)
Ratification of guidelines
The AHS:About page contains a basic structure of our Wiki policies, but has never been made formal. Take a look and vote on its ratification as official, or vote no and discuss any changes at American Horror Story Wiki talk:About.
AHS:Manual of Style
The AHS:Manual of Style page contains a compiled set of guidelines for how we wish our pages to be consistent. These were in a number of different places, some of which were policy. Most of the important information has been united onto one page and cleaned up a bit. Take a look and vote on its ratification as official, or vote no and discuss any changes at American Horror Story Wiki talk:Manual of Style.
"Title Case" vs "Sentence case"
It's time to get real about Infoboxes: They can be pretty inconsistent, have too much trivial information, and not enough of what you really want to know. They are the primary factor too in defining what type of article a page is. The Infoboxes we use (primarily for characters and episodes) were inherited from other Wikis, and could use a bit of tweaking. Do we elide (remove) the trivial information (like eye color), hide it, or leave it alone? A full proposal of the changes can be found in Template talk:Infobox character and Template talk:Infobox episode.
Also, some new opportunities have arisen as technology progresses. We can now add some standardized microdata so that one can ask "Siri: Who is Vivien Harmon's sister?" and have it confidently answer "Jo." Or "Google: What episodes of Asylum did Frances Conroy appear in?" and the like. A lot of this is transparently done, but the information would be in Infoboxes or other metadata boxes. Should we pursue this as well?
Finally, Wikia Labs has come up with a replacement for Forums. The old Forums were barely being used anyway, so there's not a lot to archive or grandfather in. The new ones promise more engaging activity. There's actually a lot of commonality in how we do Theory: pages and the new system. Should we go ahead and make the switch and see how it comes out?
Thank you for voting! The results will be recorded on December 12, 2012.