Transmutation, also known as salire per spatium, is the magical ability to move instantaneously from one place to another without physically occupying the space in between. It is one of the Seven Wonders.
Transmutation is the ability to teleport from one destination to the other. It is rather difficult to learn, and can be dangerous as a person could end up teleporting into another object, which would kill them, such as Zoe Benson. It is unknown how far a person can teleport to.
Myrtle Snow may have used it when she suddenly appeared to Zoe's mother and later when she disappeared from Zoe in the pilot episode. Madison also demonstrated it when she teleported away from a blind Cordelia in order to mock her. In a flashback from 1919, Millie, a witch, transmutated away to escape the Axeman. Spalding and The Axeman used it as ghosts, but it was limited to Miss Robichaux's Academy.
As it is part of the Seven Wonders, both Anna Leigh Leighton and Fiona Goode must have been able to perform it, as it is needed to become the Supreme. Fiona was able to transmutate in front of Anna Leigh Leighton in order to kill her and Leslie, a witch, mentioned that she passed the Trial of Transmutation.
Marie Laveau displayed this power when Hank invaded her shop and tried to kill her. He aimed his weapon, fired it and Marie disappeared. She appeared a few feet further with blood on her hands where the bullet had scratched her.
At the Trial of Transmutation, Queenie, Madison and Zoe, after grieving for Misty Day, decided to lighten the mood by playing tag. It all went well until Zoe accidentally transmuted into the gates and was impaled on the spiked fence, which killed her. However, she was later resurrected by Cordelia. Cordelia Goode was able to transmutate across the room to demonstrate her ability in order to become Supreme. Papa Legba can also use this anytime, even across dimensions.
The young candidate for Supreme during the Seven Wonders skit was able to transmute behind another witch in a puff of white smoke. 
In Asylum, Satan possessing Sister Mary Eunice would sometimes appear out of nowhere and disappear without a trace, as displayed in its attempts to terrify Arthur Arden, and when it was threatened with a razor by Sister Jude it instantaneously teleported a several feet away from her.
As an angel and the cousin of the Demon, Shachath can appear before those who should receive her kiss of death, after her mission is complete then she will disappear into thin air.
Ghosts in the Murder House could use this, but only on the property except on October 30th.
Michael Langdon was able to transmute around the room during the Warlock Council's test of his magical capabilities. During the Trial of Transmutation, Michael was able to transmute behind Zoe and Madison in a puff of white smoke.
- Witches and Warlocks / Voodooists
- Demons / Angels
- The Anti-Christ
- Ghosts – All of them but limited to area of death
- Vampires – (Possibly) Displayed an akin ability on a few occasions
- Extraterrestrials – Accompanied by blinding white light and a gravitational pull
- Transmutation is featured in seven seasons of American Horror Story: Murder House, Asylum, Coven, Freak Show, Hotel, Roanoke, Apocalypse.
- In the silent film depictions of the Seven Wonders, transmutation is portrayed as a puff of smoke when the witch or warlock performs it. 
- ↑ Episode: Bitchcraft
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Episode: Fire and Reign
- ↑ She was a Supreme, therefore she had to have this power because it is one of the Seven Wonders
- ↑ Episode: The Replacements
- ↑ Episode: Head
- ↑ Episode: Apocalypse Then
- ↑ Episode: The Axeman Cometh
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Episode: Go to Hell
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 Episode: The Seven Wonders
- ↑ Episode: The Sacred Taking
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Episode: Chapter 4
- ↑ Episode: Chapter 7
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Episode: Could It Be... Satan?
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 Episode: Boy Wonder
- ↑ Episode: Checking In
- ↑ Episode: Mommy
- ↑ Episode: The Magical Delights of Stevie Nicks
- ↑ Episode: Traitor