FANDOM


  • Anyone have any ideas for the new season? If you've discovered clues include them too!

      Loading editor
    • I've seen a lot of speculation about a sci-fi/futuristic theme online. Lots are saying the hints are quite obvious such as Elsa's first performance ("Life on Mars") and an example I noticed is possibly the wind-up robot that Twisty played with. I hope these are red herrings and the real hints are subtler.

      The only clues we have confirmed by Ryan Murphy are that hints will be dropped in the first and second episodes,  and that it will be "radically different" from any of the past seasons. I've noticed a pattern that the primary setting is historical or contemporary,  with the odd seasons the latter and even seasons the former. So my guess is it will be modern, maybe even in the future. I'm hoping for a camp or something, I alwaysbthink camps are slightly creepy.

        Loading editor
    • ^Yes! A camp in the woods would be great. Maybe the main villain could be a mutated cannibal who has an axe for a weapon. 

        Loading editor
    • Gleekarvin wrote: ^Yes! A camp in the woods would be great. Maybe the main villain could be a mutated cannibal who has an axe for a weapon. 

      Right. About time AHS assays mutant cannibals and axe murderers.

        Loading editor
    • The Sci-fi/alien theory seems to be the most popular atm the moment, but somone posted on here a ffew days ago a load of clues that pointed towards vampires. I have no idea at the moment though, I'd like to see them go into the future rather than the past or present.

        Loading editor
    • I get the feeling that season 5 may have something to do with hollywood, as is was stated that the first 2 episodes would have clues as to season 5 ideas. I see that many of the characters really aim to be a star, this season. So perhaps season 5 will be centred around Hollywood and stars trying to better each other for thier own higher status. Also this story line could be put in a contemporary setting while reference a historic one too. Like season 3 Coven they could also hit the popular fashion scene to and make many references to current and past hollywood stars in the script. 

      I think I remendered reading an article with and interview with Ryan and he acknowledged the Space/Sci-fi from the fans but he sad it was wrong cause its set in america not outter space. 

        Loading editor
    • I agree with a space theme but set in America. Maybe set in Roswell, Houston or Area 51. Elsa sings 'Life on Mars' and the little robot would give the clues to being a space theme. Most of the characters keeping talking about stars and 'being a star'. Maybe Season 5 will be about the stars in the sky?

        Loading editor
    • I've noticed a lot of comments elsewhere and here about the top hat on the cup the cop handed to Maggie.  How about the Civil War?  Lincoln? (maybe)  Jimmy always wanted to be a soldier on Halloween.  Alien Civil War?

        Loading editor
    • This might seem far fetched but it seems that anything is possible in this world. The top hat on the cup. It reminds me of the mad hatter. Ryan Murphy has said in a previous EW article that season 5 would take a lot of playing and would be totally diffrent then  anything that they have done in the past.   What if season 5 takes all four seasons and some how ties the entire series together. Season 5 could take place in all 4 seasons plus maybe a new location tying it all thogether. This is just an idea, but it seems like it could be possible, and that would be just another on top of many reasons why he needs jessica lange back next year.

        Loading editor
    • VtSunshine wrote:
      I've noticed a lot of comments elsewhere and here about the top hat on the cup the cop handed to Maggie.  How about the Civil War?  Lincoln? (maybe)  Jimmy always wanted to be a soldier on Halloween.  Alien Civil War?

      The Civil War was mentioned in Coven too. Apparently Miss Robichaux's Academy was a Civil War Hospital before it was a school for witches.

      There are some AHS timeline facts on this website that could help - Scroll down to 1868 for the Civil War thing: http://www.vulture.com/2014/10/american-horror-story-theory-every-season-connected.html 

        Loading editor
    • Thanks, LangeForPrez!

        Loading editor
    • Also, didn't Edward wear a top hat?

        Loading editor
    • Dvveatch wrote: This might seem far fetched but it seems that anything is possible in this world. The top hat on the cup. It reminds me of the mad hatter. Ryan Murphy has said in a previous EW article that season 5 would take a lot of playing and would be totally diffrent then  anything that they have done in the past.   What if season 5 takes all four seasons and some how ties the entire series together. Season 5 could take place in all 4 seasons plus maybe a new location tying it all thogether. This is just an idea, but it seems like it could be possible, and that would be just another on top of many reasons why he needs jessica lange back next year.

      I thought it looked a lot like the Mad Hatter's (minus the price tag) as well. But AHS: Wonderland seems highly unlikely.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe it's AHS: Vaudeville. That actually could work.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, I think we're missing the clues that are right in front of our faces, from the orgy film (with the elusive Wolf Boy) to the Marlene Dietrich burn book, we're looking at classic Hollywood, and possibly the classic Universal monster films. Add that to the vampire rumors, and we wouldn't have "real" monsters (thereby skirting the no vampires declaration), but monster movies.

      I call it "American Horror Story: Tinseltown".

        Loading editor
    • ...but Bela Legosi's dead.

        Loading editor
    • R Black wrote:
      I get the feeling that season 5 may have something to do with hollywood, as is was stated that the first 2 episodes would have clues as to season 5 ideas. I see that many of the characters really aim to be a star, this season. So perhaps season 5 will be centred around Hollywood and stars trying to better each other for thier own higher status. Also this story line could be put in a contemporary setting while reference a historic one too. Like season 3 Coven they could also hit the popular fashion scene to and make many references to current and past hollywood stars in the script. 

      I think I remendered reading an article with and interview with Ryan and he acknowledged the Space/Sci-fi from the fans but he sad it was wrong cause its set in america not outter space. 

      Yeah. I thought that would be the case. The title kind of limits the show to America. 

        Loading editor
    • I like so of these. I think the Utopia idea would new a cast of pretty-ish people and that new people come who are so pretty. 

        Loading editor
    • Dvveatch wrote:
      This might seem far fetched but it seems that anything is possible in this world. The top hat on the cup. It reminds me of the mad hatter. Ryan Murphy has said in a previous EW article that season 5 would take a lot of playing and would be totally diffrent then  anything that they have done in the past.   What if season 5 takes all four seasons and some how ties the entire series together. Season 5 could take place in all 4 seasons plus maybe a new location tying it all thogether. This is just an idea, but it seems like it could be possible, and that would be just another on top of many reasons why he needs jessica lange back next year.

      Like a secret society that keeps these things from the public. 

        Loading editor
    • FishTank wrote:
      Actually, I think we're missing the clues that are right in front of our faces, from the orgy film (with the elusive Wolf Boy) to the Marlene Dietrich burn book, we're looking at classic Hollywood, and possibly the classic Universal monster films. Add that to the vampire rumors, and we wouldn't have "real" monsters (thereby skirting the no vampires declaration), but monster movies.

      I call it "American Horror Story: Tinseltown".

      I really love this idea.

        Loading editor
    • I love the utopia/dystopia idea. Or perhaps since there has been talk of war in the past; maybe a nuclear wasteland where the cast are the only survivors (or are they? Mwah haha... ahem). 

      Or since fame/hollywood has been brought up, perhaps a season about Faustian deals. Where people have sold their souls for fame and riches. Perhaps since they're all connected, they could have sold their souls to the grown up anti-christ baby of Murder House. Just an idea. Go full circle. Constance would most likely be dead by then, allowing for Jessica Lange to perhaps just make an odd guest appearance rather than be a lead. 

        Loading editor
    • One thing that stood out for me in the first two episodes (more so than in the episodes following) is the food-close-ups. There were an unusual amount of unnecessary close-ups on food dishes between the diner and at the Mott residence. In other seasons, the closest thing I remember to these close-ups is only vaguely similar, when LaLaurie had her Halloween party (or whatever it was) and had a potential suitor to one of her daughters stick his hand in bowls of disgusting things. Basically, it wasn't the same thing at all.

      So, given that, as well as the oft repeated theory regarding aliens, my theory is that season 5 will be centered on a diner or restaurant, perhaps in Roswell or the American Southwest. Even if aliens are not involved, then I suspect a possible cannibalistic twist. Perhaps locals, drifters or tourists go missing and end up being the main ingredient in the diner/restaurant's signature dish.

      Even if the alien thing ends up not panning out, then maybe it would be in a futurist/dystopian setting. Maybe there is no diner or restaurant but the food thing is still very much a possibility. I keep thinking of maybe a 'Soylent Green'-type setup. A dystopian future where there is a food shortage, so desperate people or food establishments resort to using other people as a source of food.

      It's just a theory and, in all honesty, I am probably way off, but I just thought that the focus on food was a bit unusual, even before it was revealed that the first two episodes hinted at the next season. I am not exactly sold on the idea of it being in the future since all prior seasons took place in a blend of past and present.

        Loading editor
    • I'm pretty sure me and my wife figured it out!   Kind of.  At least how Asylum and Freakshow tie together.

      We think season 5 will begin in the German brothel Elsa worked in, and evolve into a NAZI/Area 51 type theme, along the lines of the Top Hat Experiment theory.  Dr. Arden from Asylum, the doctor who was a Nazi scientist war criminal, will be a main character.  We think he is the guy who cut off Elsa Mars' legs in the snuff film (1930's). (He had a penchant for cutting off limbs, as he cut off Shelly's legs in Asylum, and the bondage pictures he had would place him in Elsa's brothel) and will move to the area 51 scenario as a Nazi scientist-refugee that will work for the US Government--Season 5.  After that is when he will have moved to become the Dr. at Briarcliff (Asylum took place in 1962).  


      In the most recent episode when Dandy pulls the knife out of his trunk, I necognized it as a Nazi SS dress dagger.  *And for the final twist* we think he received this dagger from Dr. Arden--HIS FATHER!  Dandy's mom says she is afraid he 'has the same affliction as his father'.

        Loading editor
    • Rocketjunk wrote:
      I'm pretty sure me and my wife figured it out!   Kind of.  At least how Asylum and Freakshow tie together.

      We think season 5 will begin in the German brothel Elsa worked in, and evolve into a NAZI/Area 51 type theme, along the lines of the Top Hat Experiment theory.  Dr. Arden from Asylum, the doctor who was a Nazi scientist war criminal, will be a main character.  We think he is the guy who cut off Elsa Mars' legs in the snuff film (1930's). (He had a penchant for cutting off limbs, as he cut off Shelly's legs in Asylum, and the bondage pictures he had would place him in Elsa's brothel) and will move to the area 51 scenario as a Nazi scientist-refugee that will work for the US Government--Season 5.  After that is when he will have moved to become the Dr. at Briarcliff (Asylum took place in 1962).  


      In the most recent episode when Dandy pulls the knife out of his trunk, I necognized it as a Nazi SS dress dagger.  *And for the final twist* we think he received this dagger from Dr. Arden--HIS FATHER!  Dandy's mom says she is afraid he 'has the same affliction as his father'.


      Great! Tell me more, lol.

        Loading editor
    • Rocketjunk wrote:

      In the most recent episode when Dandy pulls the knife out of his trunk, I necognized it as a Nazi SS dress dagger.  *And for the final twist* we think he received this dagger from Dr. Arden--HIS FATHER!  Dandy's mom says she is afraid he 'has the same affliction as his father'.


      They also said that his father commited suicide in the japanese acer of their garden. Nice try.

        Loading editor
    • They said he did....... but I'm guessing he somehow faked his death.  Also,  why would he have a NAZI SS dagar?  At the least Dr. Ardin and Dandies dad have worked together.

        Loading editor
    • Mott does have Germanic origins but ex-Nazi doesn't seem to fit the profile painted by Gloria. Dandy's father was an affluent inbred who committed suicide. I suspect that the family estate has been there in Florida for some time, likely pre-emancipation.

      Dandy may have an SS dagger for the same reason that he has a two-headed girl. He's rich and disturbed.

        Loading editor
    • the history of a serial killer

        Loading editor
    • For me the ultimate season would be Aliens/Nazis, because Nazis did come to america.

      Mabe a season where the Nazis won the war and achived world domination with the Halp of Aliens and UFOs.

      Or a Area 51 themed season. Mabe a BodySnatching season. Another serial killer season would be crap

        Loading editor
    • Buffyville wrote:
      For me the ultimate season would be Aliens/Nazis, because Nazis did come to america.

      Mabe a season where the Nazis won the war and achived world domination with the Halp of Aliens and UFOs.

      Or a Area 51 themed season.

      Mabe a BodySnatching season. Another serial killer season would be crap

      All bit of all you said was in Asylum lol I would like something other than serial killer tho.

        Loading editor
    • Buffyville wrote:
      For me the ultimate season would be Aliens/Nazis, because Nazis did come to america.

      Mabe a season where the Nazis won the war and achived world domination with the Halp of Aliens and UFOs.

      Or a Area 51 themed season.

      Mabe a BodySnatching season. Another serial killer season would be crap

      I know that Murphy gets accused of repeating himself...but really. How can it be desirable to retread the alien/Nazi theme of Asylum except in a brief thematic or seasons-connecting way? And though I'm beginning to distrust Murphy on these matters, he has denied theories of a space theme. I'd like to believe that this includes Area 51 as well.

      Now bodysnatching I can get behind. "They're here already! You're next! You're next, You're next...!"

        Loading editor
    • http://kristiangaughan.wordpress.com/2014/11/25/american-horror-story-top-hats-everywhere/

      Some more theories. Not much new, but haven't seen the second one before I don't thinl.

        Loading editor
    • I'd love Jack the Ripper in a season.. 

        Loading editor
    • CrisChip wrote:
      I'd love Jack the Ripper in a season.. 


      Ahh yes...that most famous of American serial killers.

      Though Mordrake made it over the Atlantic via the spirit realm and I guess the Whitechapel Murderer could have even immigrated by more conventional means.

      So your answer is not as deserving of mockery as I first thought. Carry on.

        Loading editor
    • Ive got a very stong feeling its about space, its set in JUPITER florida, her name is elsa MARS and she sings LIFE ON MARS by david bowie, look at these, on his tie is planets, the lamp looks like a ufo  and i think this fan art should be a thing.. 
      Tumblr ndewg83u5H1spyfuno1 500

      some fan art that could potentially be the theme

      Tumblr inline nd77rrzUsy1shkcnt

      the lamp looks like a UFO

      Tumblr inline nd77dlY1qJ1shkcnt

      there is the planets and a solar system on his tie!

        Loading editor
    • i dont really 100% know, but ill be fine as long as evan peters is invloved, i really liked taissa faminga too, i shipped them as a couple

        Loading editor
    • Interesting theory. Murphy could be doing anything to be honest he always has a trick up his sleeve. There are also black top hats throughout the first few episodes. 

        Loading editor
    • Please stop presenting the SPACE theory. I say again that Murphy says that you're wrong.

      However, I must admit that all the alien-themed clues must mean something. So here's another crazy theory for you all:

      The clues have nothing to do with the theme for next season but are a portent of THIS season's climax. One crazy example would be if this were a simulation created by the same aliens from Asylum. Three actors (Lange, Peters, and Grossman) from Freak Show played Asylum characters that definitely had first contact (one even seems to be the SAME character), and another actor (Paulson) could have. The promised return of Rabe as Sr. Mary Eunice just seems to increase the probability.

        Loading editor
    • OGRastamon wrote:

      Three actors (Lange, Peters, and Grossman) from Freak Show played Asylum characters that definitely had first contact (one even seems to be the SAME character), and another actor (Paulson) could have. The promised return of Rabe as Sr. Mary Eunice just seems to increase the probability.

      Why are people so hesitant to say it IS the same character. Obviously it's the same pepper I'm pretty sure RM has even confirmed it at some point and with the confirmation of the stories being connected it's not that far out to say it is the same character knowing what we know. So why are people still saying "seems to be" or "maybe". If at the end of this season there's a twist and it turns out to be a clone or something like that I'll apologize, but yeah.

        Loading editor
    • "People" aren't saying it, I am because I take pains to present only the facts as they are presented on the show. I only care about what Murphy says when there is nothing else to go on. As you say, we should know by the end of the season and regardless of the outcome, I won't have anything to apologize about.

        Loading editor
    • I know I'm probably going to get berated for saying this but please no more space/alien themes. I don't have anything particularly against the sci-fi horror genre, though I will admit I love the supernatural themed horror stuff so much more. After season 2, I just feel the whole alien thing left us with more questions than it did answers. Seems like Operation Top Hat is the leading theory for season 5, which could be very interesting. I could see them going different ways with how that could have turned out or played out. Has anything been officially said as to whether next season will follow the previous seasons pattern and return to the modern day?

        Loading editor
    • EternalSorcerer wrote:
      I know I'm probably going to get berated for saying this but please no more space/alien themes. I don't have anything particularly against the sci-fi horror genre, though I will admit I love the supernatural themed horror stuff so much more. After season 2, I just feel the whole alien thing left us with more questions than it did answers. Seems like Operation Top Hat is the leading theory for season 5, which could be very interesting. I could see them going different ways with how that could have turned out or played out. Has anything been officially said as to whether next season will follow the previous seasons pattern and return to the modern day?

      If this Operation Top Hat business is correct then a modern setting doesn't seem likely, unless they are completely divorcing the premise from its historical inspiration. It was 60 years ago, which makes even the oldest members of the AHS stable too young to play surviving subjects. Unless they are exploring the generational effects of the testing or if it is a sub-story to a contemporary main story. Honestly though, I don't see how any of this would make for exciting horror television. It would also mean that the image of a top hat was an extremely heavy-handed clue. I'd like to give them more credit and think it has another meaning not yet discovered.

      Although the fact that Murphy hasn't made any public denouncement of this very popular theory might make one wonder.

        Loading editor
    • I would like to see a 'Soylent Green'-type theme...even as a subplot would be interesting. I don't know if it would get bonus points or not if someone ends up standing in the middle of the street screaming "It's people!" or if that would just be groan-worthy.

        Loading editor
    • American Horror Story: Bikers

      Focuses on the whacky antics of a California-based outlaw motorcycle club. These gun-runners exist in a world where people randomly experience bouts of mental retardation and lack all logical reasoning. Also there's a lot of male-ass. A lot.


      Hey, a sons of anarchy AHS could work out! Evan peters can be Jax, Jessica Lange can be Gemma...

        Loading editor
    • Zamininc wrote:
      American Horror Story: Bikers

      Focuses on the whacky antics of a California-based outlaw motorcycle club. These gun-runners exist in a world where people randomly experience bouts of mental retardation and lack all logical reasoning. Also there's a lot of male-ass. A lot.


      Hey, a sons of anarchy AHS could work out! Evan peters can be Jax, Jessica Lange can be Gemma...


      I'm still holding out for the summer series American Horror Story Project in which aging actresses vie for the spot vacated by Jessica Lange. Prediction: Murphy won't be able to decide and will name two winners and two runners-up. The best role will go to one of the latter.

        Loading editor
    • What I'm about to say is not based on particular hints given from the show. Just my wishful musings.

      The Biker concept would work perfectly with the Wild West theme I've been interested in.....

      In another thread I mentioned: a Native American take, their philosophy in modern world.

      I LOVE when the show carries vindication for different disadvantaged or misunderstood groups and wrongfully treated demographics so it be amazing to see native americans vindicated through super natural mixed with modern day environment destruction coming back to bite us.

      And/or Great migrations of people and the darker side of them (railroads by Chinese immigrants), gold rush times (linking greed of then with now), the dust bowl (linked to similar desparate times and huge economic disparity now).

      Crazy cults/religious themes like Manson's followers, Wako, maybe even Scientology........

      Or another area that I haven't seen are the Headless Horse man sort of monsters but honestly I don't know how you can work with that idea.

        Loading editor
    • Slap me! But a Horror Wizard Of OZ season would be great)

      Id like to revisit the Anti Christ storyline.

      I really really hope they DONT do a season shot in Black and White!, i read that theroie somewhere.

      Also, iv noticed the wooden doll, and wooden hands...mabe next season has something to do with wood...i know its not much to go on.

      I was thinking mabe Dandy is realated to Dr. Oliver Thredson and his killer son.??

        Loading editor
    • Bloody Disgusting and a few other sites have released an article that claims season 5 will be radically different (that which we already knew) and that (which we didn't know for sure) is that it will be set in present day. So given the circulating theories we could probably narrow it down a bit. I'm a fan of the Scientology or New World Order ideas people have been throwing aorund .

      http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3328627/tv-american-horror-story-reinvented-next-season/

        Loading editor
    • In the first episode during the scene that takes place at the lunch counter I noticed a clue I have not seen anyone mention yet and I feel it could be a very important clue about season 5's potential theme. So the first clue is on the front page of the newspaper as the camera goes down the counter line and stops at the end in front of a man that strangely looks like dom deluise reading the paper. The major story on the frontpage of course is the murder on the tattler farm which I believe is intentional to distract from another interesting yet smaller article also on the frontpage having to do with a real life event from 1953 london when a combination of weather and pollution created a freak killer smog phenomenon. Then as the camera looks over elsa's shoulder as she clips a review of the hitchcock movie stage fright the event is mentioned again if you look closely. Although this event actually occurred in London not in America, pollution/smog, natural disasters along with government sanctioned chemical testing in future America would be a perfect template given the political climate that we live in it would definitely hit home with social issues of today. What's also curious is the newspaper in freak show is dated to 1955 when the London smog event actually occurred in 1953.

        Loading editor
    • Edit: this theory is mentioned in a thread on reddit already. Also the year the great smog occurred was 1952 not 1953 still I feel this was referenced one too many times to not be significant.

        Loading editor
    • I think it has something to do with what the character of Danny Huston said in the last episode of Freak Show. Working in Nevada, building villages for atomic testing. That would suit an AHS theme, and has something to do with the so-called-this-season Top Hat Operation.

      In fact, there was a WGN TV series* called Manhattan that was set in WWII with all the scientists around the Manhattan Project in Los Alamos. It was very cool, with the drama and the intern conflicts and tension between the two main projects and the countdown against German and Russian scientists. AHS can cover its lack of blood in a fancy and stilish way, hahaha.

      And, to be honest, I would love AHS in the desert. We had a big city, a Massachusetts' country forest, New Orleans swamps and "Florida" (NOLA again) sunny weather. Now it's time to go to the desert (or the opposite, snow and frozen lakes). But I'm not creating any expectations, let's just see what RM has for us next year :P



      • WGN America also had a TV series called Salem, premiered a few months after the finale of Coven - that for me was like an AHS Coven period story. If you liked the witch theme but you wanted more, I highly recommend this series.
        Loading editor
    • Ryan Murphy is a stealth ninja when it comes to hiding clues. In coven I noticed small hints that I understood when I watched Freakshow, but they were clues which also pointed to other themes, or settings, such as when there was a huge outbreak of "American Horror Story Circus" Which was very close. After each season passed their is always someone who guesses or has an idea. I think next season will have a lot to do with Chemical warfare, bomb testing and maybe even "Mutants?" Since I am not American, I wonder if there was a place in The U.S.A that was used for Bomb testing? Or even mining of radioactive substances. Some people have mensioned "Operation Top Hat" I am not sure what that is. 

        Loading editor
    • Okay. I'm going to go on a wildly different limb here. I believe that the top hat is a reference to the Grand Master within the Freemasons. According to Masonic law, only the highest official within each lodge is allowed to wear a top hat at the height of decorum. Notable uses of the top hat within AHS at this point include Papa Legba & Edward Mordrake, both otherworldly and (arguably) negative forces of the afterlife.

      Also, due to the religious background of the masons, I can totally see how they would be involved with protecting the Arc of the Covenant from Hitler (something he actually did search for, real or not). They also have a tremendous tie-in to the United States government and are still prominent to this day. There's also the use of the number three (or seeing things in threes) throughout all the seasons of AHS, which is a cornerstone of Mason numerology. Many of the creepy symbols that AHS uses throughout (including the logo for Delphi with the circle in the triangle) are historical in use and can likely be linked to this secret society. I can see tie-ins within the police department in Jupiter, secrets about aliens/nuclear testing (a long shot, but this show has done crazier things), protecting secrets from the Nazis, protecting artifacts, occult symbolism, and elements of satanic ritual that have shown up within the show already. (I'm not saying any of this as a religious or moral judgement... merely observations!) I'd be interested to see how they could approach this in a fairly secular way... there's a lot of room to speculate since the group has been around for centuries and is already a hub for conspiracies (both inside and out)!

      As Ryan Murphy stated, the new season would be a "radically different idea from the stuff we've been doing".

      If anyone wants to help add on to this theory, let's do this! If you think I'm completely nuts, tell me why! This is the first time I've been speculative about the next season of AHS and I'm just here to have a fun time figuring out what the heck Ryan Murphy is up to.

      EDIT: Just thought I'd tack on -- Ryan Murphy had said that Santa Fe was a possible filming site. The (alleged) Dulce Base in New Mexico is a super secret UFO/military facility that is supposedly underground. It's reportedly been in use since the 1930s-1940s. There are ties to masons within the area due to the high amount of government supervision involved. Since this is all speculative at this point, I would wager that this could be a convenient tie to the alien storyline but won't be the main crux of this coming season. I believe it will be a contemporary setting and will focus on people who have been involved in massive conspiracies.

        Loading editor
    • Horror Sarah wrote:

      If anyone wants to help add on to this theory, let's do this! If you think I'm completely nuts, tell me why! This is the first time I've been speculative about the next season of AHS and I'm just here to have a fun time figuring out what the heck Ryan Murphy is up to.

      I'm not going to say you're completely nuts because you definitely have some good ideas. It's just that almost that exact theory was proposed numerous times at the end of Coven when we were all speculating for the fourth installment. The masonic aspect is slightly new but I have issues believing they could do a season about that because of how secretive it is. I feel like there would be legal repercussions or something. Also, it seems like a large part of your theory is dating back to Coven as opposed to Freak Show, the season we should really be analyzing for clues. Again, it's definitely a theory worth mentioning. Much crazier things have been said in these forums. 

      P.S. Welcome to the Wiki! :)

        Loading editor
    • I don´t know if I'm right at this, but operation Top Hat was in Alabama right? Well, I remember that Bette, Dot and their mother had to run from Alabama. Maybe a clue? Not sure about it.

        Loading editor
    • I Guess it will took place in the Present times. and if you notice S1 took place in present while S2 is from the past and Vice versa from later seasons. So yea. i think its more like about the theatre like the Top hat 

        Loading editor
    • Tashitp
      Tashitp removed this reply because:
      its dark
      10:50, January 28, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • Ive been reading up about opperation tophat and well with all the conferms clues of the top hat I started digging.

      I came accross a WWII camp named 'Camp Tophat' which is set in Antwerp, Belgium. I know AHS is usually set in America, but Murphy did say season 5 was going to be drastically different. What makes me thing it could be Camp Tophat, is how similar the symbols are! The symbol on the camp is almost identical to the ones on season 4. Also the massive American influence on the camp. It was ran by the American Red Cross. One of the the biggest possible clues for me is at the end of the website it says "at Camp Tophat, American Red Cross workers served 9,700,620 cups of coffee and 4,784,260 doughnuts to the troops" In season 4 Freak Show the top hat appeared on coffee cups and menues which was used to serve.  Maybe the next season is a war theme, that might not be actually set in America but still about Americas influence and history in the war? Give this a read: http://blogs.archives.gov/TextMessage/2011/09/07/camp-tophat-the-troops-go-home/

        Loading editor
    • American Horror Story: Amish


      I believe that next season could be about Amish people.

      - The hat in the coffee cup;

      - Bloody Disgusting article sugest (its not sure yet) that season 5 will be in present day;

      - The photos posted in the famous spoiler instagram (ahstory.hq) showing a farm and what looks like a corn plantation. This instagram account has been taken down because it gave real spoilers from freak show;

      Obvious that is very early and nothing points directly to amish but thats my guest right now.

      The Village from M. Night Shyamalan comes to my mind. And when I see that corn plantation, I dream with a diabolical killer scarecrow or something like Jeepers Creepers 2.

        Loading editor
    • Biscoito18 wrote:
      American Horror Story: Amish


      I believe that next season could be about Amish people.

      - The hat in the coffee cup;

      - Bloody Disgusting article sugest (its not sure yet) that season 5 will be in present day;

      - The photos posted in the famous spoiler instagram (ahstory.hq) showing a farm and what looks like a corn plantation. This instagram account has been taken down because it gave real spoilers from freak show;

      Obvious that is very early and nothing points directly to amish but thats my guest right now.

      The Village from M. Night Shyamalan comes to my mind. And when I see that corn plantation, I dream with a diabolical killer scarecrow or something like Jeepers Creepers 2.

      Fair points  but this was an idea that was going around last year, I personally can't see how they'd do a full 13 episodes of Amish people while keeping it horror, it just wouldmn't be scary

        Loading editor
    • I think so far, the Operation Top Hat theory makes the most sense.  That being said, I also wanted to add some additional points that I haven't seen on any other sites/forums.  Both of these points are related to images that were posted on the ahstory.hq Instagram site before it was taken down, so I really can't say how valid they may (or may not) be.

      Before the Instagram site was taken down, there were two images posted.  Out of context, the images didn't seem to make much sense.  But searching online revealed something interesting.
      The first image was a close-up image of the farmhouse on this blog about ghosts:  https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/4438911-true-ghost-story-from-salem-s-lot---kathryn-knight
      The second image was the following Deviant Art image, but with a black and white filter:  http://troubleintheattic.deviantart.com/art/Husk-Dusk-Fall-141901039

      Now, the first link is a blog post that details a ghost sighting in a farmhouse attic.  The second image, however, seems to just be a random Deviant Art image from a user that has nothing to do with AHS.  But the username of the Deviant Art that posted the image is troubleintheattic.

      So, that being said, if the Instagram was legitimate, I think it may have been suggesting that an attic is central to the story or at least ties to the other seasons.  Maybe even a nod to Beauregard Langdon?

        Loading editor
    • We've been told specifically that S5 is set in the present or later. That precludes most of Operation Top Hat, which was always a particularly weak theory.

        Loading editor
    • ZackBrewster wrote:
      Biscoito18 wrote:
      American Horror Story: Amish


      I believe that next season could be about Amish people.

      - The hat in the coffee cup;

      - Bloody Disgusting article sugest (its not sure yet) that season 5 will be in present day;

      - The photos posted in the famous spoiler instagram (ahstory.hq) showing a farm and what looks like a corn plantation. This instagram account has been taken down because it gave real spoilers from freak show;

      Obvious that is very early and nothing points directly to amish but thats my guest right now.

      The Village from M. Night Shyamalan comes to my mind. And when I see that corn plantation, I dream with a diabolical killer scarecrow or something like Jeepers Creepers 2.

      Fair points  but this was an idea that was going around last year, I personally can't see how they'd do a full 13 episodes of Amish people while keeping it horror, it just wouldmn't be scary

      Yeah. But American Horror Story has never been scary, just brutal with good story telling. 

        Loading editor
    • FishTank wrote:
      We've been told specifically that S5 is set in the present or later. That precludes most of Operation Top Hat, which was always a particularly weak theory.

      Yeah. If AHS follows it pattern it will definelty be going back to the present. But if we take the idea of Operation Top Hat and place it in the modern day. I wouldn't mind an Area 51-ish type season. 

        Loading editor
    • So I know Operation Top Hat is over-analyzed BUT food for thought: Birmingham is known as "The Magic City" and in 2008 the city had a billboard that showed the city's skyline coming out of an inverted top hat. Birmingham was known as Bombingham during the civil rights movement and at one point was known as the murder capital of the world. There are coal mines which = coal mine tragedies and you have Sloss Furnace-hanuted location, only industrial site on national historic registry, tons of tragic gruesome deaths and of course mesothelioma (a lung diease....). But then you have New York and the Top Hat being the symbol for the Yankees and Maggie wanting Jimmy to run away with her to New York. Also I think it is funny that there was a business in Jupiter, Florida known Top Hat Billiards, their Facebook page says they are permanently closed. 

        Loading editor
    • Oh and if you look at the Nazi angle Johann Reichhart was a German executioner that wore a top hat.

        Loading editor
    • WarMachine0 wrote:
      ZackBrewster wrote:
      Biscoito18 wrote:
      American Horror Story: Amish


      I believe that next season could be about Amish people.

      - The hat in the coffee cup;

      - Bloody Disgusting article sugest (its not sure yet) that season 5 will be in present day;

      - The photos posted in the famous spoiler instagram (ahstory.hq) showing a farm and what looks like a corn plantation. This instagram account has been taken down because it gave real spoilers from freak show;

      Obvious that is very early and nothing points directly to amish but thats my guest right now.

      The Village from M. Night Shyamalan comes to my mind. And when I see that corn plantation, I dream with a diabolical killer scarecrow or something like Jeepers Creepers 2.

      Fair points  but this was an idea that was going around last year, I personally can't see how they'd do a full 13 episodes of Amish people while keeping it horror, it just wouldmn't be scary
      Yeah. But American Horror Story has never been scary, just brutal with good story telling. 

      I see where you're coming from but each season has the idea of something scary to build that season on, Amish villages just aren't scary. Haunted houses, mental hospitals, witches and freakshows, they're all somewhat scary, doesn't mean the season was scary but the idea behind it was.

        Loading editor
    • Interesting articles:


      https://tv.yahoo.com/news/lady-gaga-joins-american-horror-163044833.html


      Apparently, it's a hotel setting.

        Loading editor
    • I could see a hotel setting being very intriguing. You could have several radically different characters staying at a hotel because they are there for different reasons that we slowly learn are more connected than first conveyed. If the horror theme is going to be government testing  (lots of signs but still no confirmation) we could see some people working with/for the government, people who are there to be experimented on and/or people with a hidden agenda for revenge from past experimentation. Guest stars would be easy to handle as they would just come in as guests to the hotel, with varying levels of knowledge about what's really going on. I would love to see a story with government supernatural/paranormal experimentation personally.

      Having said all that, there is just something about the whole article and Lady Gaga being the star of the show that gives me the feeling the source might be flimsy. I have nothing personal against Lady Gaga but I just don't see why they would choose to go with her when there are so many actresses with much more experience that they could go with. Quite a big risk to take with such a big show. Also, I don't ever remember the story setting being leaked so early before.

      Edit: Just saw it on HLNews this morning so I guess it is true. I'll definitely have to see how this season is going to go. Maybe Lady Gaga will the manager of the hotel? Hotel setting will be quite fun, so many ideas they can run with :-)

        Loading editor
    • Just give me Gaga as a Hotel Heiress with an H.H.Homles complex and I will be happy.

      Throw in some secret socities and demonic worship and that will be even better...human/government testing would be an added bonus. 

      In all honestly they could go A LOT of places with a Hotel.

      (For the sake of my own ego I would like to say I suggested the idea for a Hotel back in the season three theme theroies forum lol)

        Loading editor
    • What is the time setting anyways? Is it modern day or in the past? I am hoping Jessica Lange at least makes a cameo as one of her previous characters. If it's in the past, we can have Judy Martin performing. If it's in the present, maybe Constance brings her anti-Christ grandson for a vacation.

        Loading editor
    • Ujimasa Hojo wrote:
      What is the time setting anyways? Is it modern day or in the past? I am hoping Jessica Lange at least makes a cameo as one of her previous characters. If it's in the past, we can have Judy Martin performing. If it's in the present, maybe Constance brings her anti-Christ grandson for a vacation.

      Lots of people are suggesting it will be a modern setting, though I can't find a ligeitmate source, so, perhaps people are just assuming the franchise will follow the pattern we're used to.


      I really really hope they bring Constance and the Anti-Christ back into the story, even if it is just for a few scenes!

        Loading editor
    • PowderChanel wrote:
      Ujimasa Hojo wrote:
      What is the time setting anyways? Is it modern day or in the past? I am hoping Jessica Lange at least makes a cameo as one of her previous characters. If it's in the past, we can have Judy Martin performing. If it's in the present, maybe Constance brings her anti-Christ grandson for a vacation.
      Lots of people are suggesting it will be a modern setting, though I can't find a ligeitmate source, so, perhaps people are just assuming the franchise will follow the pattern we're used to.


      I really really hope they bring Constance and the Anti-Christ back into the story, even if it is just for a few scenes!

      There is a source, an FX executive, though I don't remember exactly where I saw it. However, while it's likely that Michael Langdon will be back in the story around now, there are ways to do that without Constance and / or Jessica Lange. We also may see the after-effects of a re-opened Miss Robichaux's Academy and a glimpse of a post-interview Lana Winters, or even Kit Walker's children Thomas Bertrand and Julia Walker.

        Loading editor
    • FishTank wrote:
      PowderChanel wrote:
      Ujimasa Hojo wrote:
      What is the time setting anyways? Is it modern day or in the past? I am hoping Jessica Lange at least makes a cameo as one of her previous characters. If it's in the past, we can have Judy Martin performing. If it's in the present, maybe Constance brings her anti-Christ grandson for a vacation.
      Lots of people are suggesting it will be a modern setting, though I can't find a ligeitmate source, so, perhaps people are just assuming the franchise will follow the pattern we're used to.


      I really really hope they bring Constance and the Anti-Christ back into the story, even if it is just for a few scenes!

      There is a source, an FX executive, though I don't remember exactly where I saw it. However, while it's likely that Michael Langdon will be back in the story around now, there are ways to do that without Constance and / or Jessica Lange. We also may see the after-effects of a re-opened Miss Robichaux's Academy and a glimpse of a post-interview Lana Winters, or even Kit Walker's children Thomas Bertrand and Julia Walker.

      I will be happy with any of those events occuring. As I said before, a Hotel is the perfect way to connect everything. The writers have a big chance to weave these stories together, and though I was (and am) against the idea of the universes all being the same, I really hope they embrace this chance to do so.

        Loading editor
    • Michael Langdon could eventually kill off Constance so that he would end up adopted by more power families kinda like in the Omen films. I remember in the Murder house finale, Constance supposedly had DeLompre relatives.

      Thomas Bertrand can actually be played by Evan Peters himself because of paternal resemblance :p

        Loading editor
    • The hotel would be a perfect setting for a sort of "crossroads" between some of the seasons. If we see Constance and Michael again, I would love to see the toll that raising the devil-baby has taken on her. I could see her pretending to be happy but privately being more tortured than anyone (by her grandson and her guilt). The Walker kids would be interesting to see in the mix as well. They seem to be the opposite of the anti-christ with their seeminly benevolent abilities and intelligence. The scenario would probably be a blind fight at this point for us since we don't know how much power or how well developed any of them are in the future.

      The witches just lead to even more questions. We know that witches are now "out of the closet" in the present-day AHS universe. What we don't know is which side would they take in a real good vs. evil battle? Though, in my opinion, I don't believe the witches to be truly evil in nature, they have done some very dark crimes of their own. Plus, it is undeniable in some of the spells that they had used that their powers might have some very infernal roots.

        Loading editor
    • EternalSorcerer wrote:

      The witches just lead to even more questions. We know that witches are now "out of the closet" in the present-day AHS universe. What we don't know is which side would they take in a real good vs. evil battle? Though, in my opinion, I don't believe the witches to be truly evil in nature, they have done some very dark crimes of their own. Plus, it is undeniable in some of the spells that they had used that their powers might have some very infernal roots.

      I've been wondering how they're going to handle this aspect in terms of tying seasons together as well. I think the "coming out" of the Coven will be one the things that hurts the idea of tying plots together the most since it would have had such a large impact on the nation and potentially the world. At first I thought it might hurt the writers in terms of not being able to write a story that takes place after 2014 but it seems like Hotel is gearing up to take place in present day.

      I also feel like the ending to Coven was sort of a last minute change and wasn't initially where they intended the season to end up. I don't have a source to back that up but they seem to be doing that with the past few seasons. Recently Sarah Paulson was quoted saying that the twins weren't always supposed to survive so we know they're starting to write things open-ended whereas, with Asylum, you can see how events from the first few episodes were tied into events going on in the finale. 

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.