Personality and Appearance
He is a swarthy, compactly muscular man with black hair and a menacing smile full of metal.
He is anti-social, vulgar and a possible pedophile and coprophiliac.
He has a history of compulsive masturbation, often in public and in the sight of children.
- Welcome to Briarcliff - He is seen in the asylum's common room, making an insult about Alma to Kit. The two are involved in a fight, with Kit getting the upper hand before it's broken up. Later, he flicks feces on the face of Sister Mary Eunice as she oversees Lana Winters in her search of the men's ward for Kit.
- Nor'easter - During Briarcliff's movie night, he complains about not getting to see the ending of the film when Sister Jude officially ends movie night after the news about the escape gets out.
- The Origins of Monstrosity - In a supply closet he spies through a hole while masturbating to the site of a bathing Sr. Mary Eunice and is caught by Dr. Arden. Arden reprimands him, but he claims to have repressed his urges and alleges that the Sister invited him to watch. This claim enrages Arden, who makes him into one of his 'test subjects' to display before Monsignor Howard as an example of "the next step in evolution".
- The Name Game - The heavily-deformed Spivey appears in the woods when Arden goes out to feed the creatures. Arden, in a fit of depressive rage over Sr. Mary Eunice's actions, shoots Spivey and the other creatures in the head with a German Mauser pistol.
- Spivey (to Arthur Arden): "No, never the boys, Doc. I had my standards."