|Portrayed by||Naomi Grossman|
|First Appearance||Welcome to Briarcliff|
Pepper is a microcephalic woman committed in Briarcliff Manor. She seems gentle and playful but has been accused of a violent crime.
Episodic Appearances Edit
- Welcome to Briarcliff - When Lana Winters first arrives at Briarcliff, Pepper hands her a flower saying, "Play with me!" Sister Mary Eunice asks Pepper to leave Lana alone, but Lana insists that Pepper is just trying to make friends. Mary informs Lana that she is anything but harmless, since she drowned her sister's baby and cut off his ears. Pepper can later be seen chanting "Fight!" during the brawl between Spivey and Kit Walker.
- Tricks and Treats - Pepper is chastised by Sister Jude for hoarding food in her cell. When quizzed about the purpose of this rule she gleefully replies "Rats!"
- Nor'easter - During movie night, Pepper leaves the common room in a hurry to pee. She doesn't return in time to prevent Sr. Jude from mistaking her for one of the three escapees.
- The Coat Hanger - Pepper reappears in a cell following the bright lights and the arrival of the aliens, where she tells Dr. Arden that she will take care of the pregnant Grace, who has miraculously been revived.
- The Name Game - Pepper has been charged with Grace's protection, also claiming that Arden's experiments couldn't impair the child's safety. Pepper claims that she was falsely accused with murdering and mutilating her nephew. It is believed that the humanoids have given significant augmentation to her intelligence. She also seems to know information regarding the humanoids.
- Spilt Milk - Pepper is seen alongside Grace when Oliver Thredson comes into the common room. Pepper defends her charge Grace and tells Thredson that she knows what he is really up to. Thredson tells the orderlies in the room to take Pepper in for hydrotherapy.
- Continuum - Pepper and Jude become friends and look out for each other after Kit and Lana leave Briarcliff. 2 years later Jude has forgotten most of what happened and is informed that Pepper has passed away in the Winter of 1966.