|American Horror Story:|
Murder House is the fan-given, retroactively assigned subtitle for the first season of American Horror Story or AHS. It ran from October 5, 2011 until December 21, 2011. First broadcasts of episodes were on FX in the United States.
The Harmons face many conflicts going on in their new home; the primary one stemming from Ben Harmon's adultery, and the subsequent fallout with his wife Vivien and daughter Violet. Other conflicts include the intrusive behavior of the neighbors, Constance and Adelaide, as well as intrusions from one of Dr. Harmon's patients, Tate. A parade of mysterious visitors to their haunted home, including the scarred Larry Harvey make the first year of the Harmons in Los Angeles very dangerous. The house seems to have a vivid history, ranging from brutal murders to demonic manifestations, and it seems to have its own agenda.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 2.3.0 : Warning: No results.
12 episodes were broadcast on FX from October 5, 2011 - December 21, 2011.
- DVD release:
- Region One - September 25, 2012
- Region Two - October 15, 2012
- Region Four - October 24, 2012
- Blu-Ray Disc release:
- Region A - September 15, 2012
- Region B - October 15, 2012
The DVD and Blu-ray releases include special features, including deleted scenes and commentary.
DVD extras found on the fourth disc of the four disc set of season 1 include:
- The Murder House Presented by Eternal Darkness Tours of Hollywood
- Behind the Fright: The Making of American Horror Story
- Overture to Horror: Creating the Title Sequence
- Out of the Shadows: Meet the House Ghosts