|"Not all dead."|
|Portrayed by||Lily Rabe|
|Species||Human (Witch) |
|Relationships||Zoe Benson (friend) |
|Powers and Abilities|
|Magic in "Coven" (for Witches and Voodoo)|
An earthy young woman from a backwoods Pentecostal community in the bayous of Louisiana, Misty Day is misunderstood due to her ability to bring souls back from the dead (i.e. the power of resurgence). Although some saw her gift as a blessing from God, others in the community saw her as a necromancer and a threat to the community. After being ambigiously revived after being burned at the stake, Misty spends her days wandering the swamps and listening to Stevie Nicks, insisting that the lead singer from Fleetwood Mac is a witch (which she interprets through the lyrics).
Personality and Appearance Edit
Misty is a young witch with blond hair and earthy looks. She is a lonely and eccentric woman who meanders the swamps of New Orleans looking for a group to call her own. In tune with nature, she takes great offense to those who disrespect it and will punish them severely. This is shown when she uses her gift to kill two crocodile poachers with their own kills. Misty also seems to have a fear of abandonment, showing panic when Zoe said she had to leave both times (the second time with Kyle).
She spends most of her time meditating, tending to her gardens, and listening to Stevie Nicks
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Misty is a powerful witch, capable of both temporarily and permanently restoring dead animals and humans to life ; in addition to resurrecting a bird and an alligator, Misty's powers (rather than the product of their spellcraft) may have been the cause of the success of the resurrection spell cast on Kyle by Madison and Zoe.  She also may be able to detect other witches, as she claimed to have found Zoe when she was meditating, was guided to the morgue where Zoe and Madison had attempted to bring back Kyle from the dead, and visited the site where Mrytle's body was burned. In addition, she might be able to ward off or command animals to do her bidding, as seen with the alligators  and dogs .
Misty Day wandered into church seminar one fateful day and stumbled upon a dead bird. As a lover of nature and all its creatures, she gently picks up the dead bird and, using her gift of resurgence, resurrects it. This draws the attention of the church goers who are staring at the "demon lady" with dismay.
Another day, two poachers find Misty near the hanged alligators. Infuriated when she openly speaks against the killing of the alligators, they threaten her with a gun, only to be attacked and killed by the now resurrected alligators.
One evening she is dragged through a field, tied to a stake and set on fire by religious extremists. She was reported as missing, but the witches of New Orleans knew what had actually happened to her, and she was presumed dead by them. However, with the help of her powers and mastery of swamp healing she manages to recover from her "death".
Because of her assumed death at the stake, witches in New Orleans are rocked and divided about whether they should live life in hiding or whether they should harness their powers and fight back. But when Zoe and Madison attempt to resurrect Kyle, she appears to help Zoe and treat Kyle with her gift and homemade healing balm she made with ingredients found around the swamp.
Without a Coven to call her own she's gone into hiding in a shack in the woods,
In a kind gesture to a new friend she decides to look after the newly resurrected Kyle for Zoe, promising to get him back on his feet the best she can.
Misty spends the day laying in bed with Kyle, listening and singing to Stevie Nicks. Misty talks to Kyle about finding her own coven, saying that without a tribe she can call her own you can't be your very best. Zoe arrives and Misty shows her Kyle's healed scars. Zoe then tells her that Kyle needs to go back to his mother, saying that she is suicidal without her son. Misty tells her that she was the one that nursed him back to health and tries to convince Kyle to stay. Kyle violently refuses and Zoe promises Misty Day that she will be back. A promise Misty knows she will break.
Sometime later, she comes across the burnt corpse of Myrtle on the stake being eaten by dogs she appraches the corpse and using her power of resurgence she ressurects Myrtle.
To help with the recovery, Misty buries Myrtle beneath swamp dirt, when Kyle returns to her. She gives him a bath, but still disturbed from his prior abuse, he becomes violent and begins breaking objects in her hut. Misty becomes devastated after he breaks her boom box. Zoe returns and asks Misty to ressurect Madison. At first, Misty declines, saying she's been dead for too long. But Zoe convinces her and with Zoe's help, succeeded in bringing Madison back. Misty refuses to stay at the academy, not liking the spiritual feeling she gets at the school.
Realizing someone was after her, Misty, along with the newly resurrected Myrtle, show up at the academy, hoping they'd protect her from whatever force she believed was coming after. There, Myrtle claims that only someone with as much power as Misty has showcased would be the supreme. Although initially anxious of bearing this new title, she takes part in the Sacred Taking, a ritual intended to have Fiona kill herself; thus letting the new supreme flourish. However, the plot is inturrupted by the lurking ghost of the recent murdered Spaulding who convinces the drugged supreme to keep up her fight. Misty is later seen sitting amongst the other witches, waiting to see who the next supreme is when she suddenly teleports to the scene of Joan's shooting. She is then approached by Fiona, who tells the young ingenue to perform her powers on the deceased body. Obeying the supreme's order, Misty is shown to sucessfully resurrect Joan, only to collapse during the process.
- Misty (to her murderers): "It's you that will end in flames! I swear it!"
- Misty (to poachers): "Why would you kill God's innocent creatures? So they can be made into shoes?"
- Misty (to Zoe): "Power of resurgence. I like the sound of that."
- Misty (regarding her healing poultice): "This stuff is the shit. Literally."
- Misty (regarding Stevie Nicks singing "Rhiannon"): "This song was her anthem...doesn't it just penetrate your soul and tell the truth about everything you've ever felt in your whole life?"
- Misty (to Kyle): "That's the thing. You can't be your best self until you find your tribe. I'm still looking for mine."
- Misty: (to Zoe about Kyle) "Get him out of here. He broke Stevie."
- Misty: (to Kyle) "Hey! You don't wanna piss me off, I can be your only friend!"
- Misty: "You like my swamp water, don't you? Gotta have patience. Won't be long now."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Episode: Bitchcraft
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Episode: Boy Parts
- ↑ Episode: The Replacements
- ↑ Episode: Burn, Witch. Burn!