|Portrayed by||Christine Estabrook|
|Occupation||Real Estate agent|
|Relationships||Ben Harmon (buyer/client) |
Marcy seems initially pleasant and friendly, but is secretly contemptuous and bigoted, with her comments clearly showing her as both a racist and a homophobe. She claimed a friendly relationship, for example, with Chad and Patrick; she dined with them in their home. To Vivien, she describes them as "perverts" and was happy to spread gossip about them. On another occasion, she commented that "Many ethnic men want to rape me on this kitchen table" to Larry but when she was showing off the house to the Ramos family, she made admirable comments about their heritage. She feels put upon, and that no one is "looking out for her".
Episodic Appearances Edit
Marcy is the real estate agent responsible for selling the Murder House to the Harmons. The company she works for is called "L.A. Homes Realty". She informed them of the recent (ostensible, but inaccurate) murder / suicide of Patrick and Chad Warwick in the house, opting not to tell them of all the other tragic deaths that took place in the house's past.
Vivien Harmon calls her back and threatens to sue her if she would not help them sell the house once more. She is seen hanging the "For Sale" sign in their front yard when Constance, who is walking her dog, turns to her and says "Good luck selling that lemon".
She informs the Harmons that if they want to sell the house, they had better make it more appealing and suggests to them to use a "fluffer". She says she knows a young gay man willing to help. The next day, Patrick's and Chad's spirits manifest themselves on the Harmons' doorstep, and the Harmons assume them to be the "fluffers" Marcy was talking about.
After the death of Ben Harmon (the last remaining Harmon family member in Ben's immediate family), she sells the house to a new family, the Ramos. Marcy has also "adopted" the Harmon's dog, who is the only survivor. Much like in the Pilot episode, Marcy only tells the family about the untimely demise of Ben and Vivien and withholds the information about the rest of the deaths in the house, much like she only told the latter two about the deaths of Chad and Patrick. 
- Marcy: "Previous homos... owners... HOMEOWNERS... of the house..."
- To Larry Harvey (at gunpoint): "A woman in my line can't be too careful. There are a lot of minority men around here that would love nothing more than to ravage me on this countertop. Get out."
- Ryan Murphy on Marcy: "I am obsessed with Marcy the realtor. I love her! I love her! Every episode we’re like “We’re killing Marcy this episode. This is the episode.” And then we get to writing her and she’s too hilarious to kill. I think she’s been a great source of levity and I think she’s a terrible person. She’s a racist and a homophobe and the worst realtor in the world. She’s that incompetent bumbler. I like to imitate her in the writer’s room." 
- ↑ Episode: Pilot
- ↑ Episode: Murder House (episode)
- ↑ Episode: Halloween: Part 1
- ↑ Episode: Afterbirth
- ↑ http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/16/american-horror-story-ryan-murphy-open-house-exclusive/