Lily Rabe (born June 29, 1982) is a stage and film actress that has been an integral member of the American Horror Story ensemble with her roles. She first appeared as ghostly socialite Nora Montgomery in Murder House. Rabe returned as Sister Mary Eunice, a shy nun possessed by the Devil in Asylum and Freak Show. In Coven, she portrayed hippie witch Misty Day and the ghost of serial killer Aileen Wuornos in Hotel. In Roanoke, she portrayed Shelby Miller, a victim of a colonial haunted house. In Apocalypse, she reprised the role of Misty Day.
Rabe was born in 1982 in New York City, New York in the Upper West Side. She is the daughter of playwright David Rabe and actress Jill Clayburgh. She has a younger brother, Michael Rabe, an actor and playwright, and an older half-brother, Jason Rabe, a musician.
On stage, she has appeared in the Broadway revival of Steel Magnolias, and as Portia in the Shakespeare in the Park production of The Merchant of Venice.
She guest starred on the Ryan Murphy-created "Nip/Tuck" and on three shows in the L&O franchise in unrelated roles; "Law & Order", "Law & Order: SVU, and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent". She was also in two episodes of "Medium" and three episodes of "The Good Wife".
She has two films in development, biopic The First she will play silent film actress and pioneer businesswoman, Mary Pickford and the Phil Joanou directed horror mockumentary The Veil. She returned to TV to star in the ABC sci-fi drama series "The Whispers" in 2015. Unfortunately, it was not picked up for a second season.
- She has been in every season of the show, except for the seventh season, subtitled "Cult".
- She has played alongside "AHS" co-star Finn Wittrock in A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- She received a nomination for a Tony for her performance as Portia in the Shakespeare in the Park production of The Merchant of Venice.
- Rabe was originally cast to play Commander Lyme in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2, but dropped out due to prior commitments.
- Rabe has never portrayed a surviving character throughout the show's run. Her characters are always dead like Nora Montgomery and Aileen Wuornos or killed before the end of each season like Sister Mary Eunice, Misty Day and Shelby Miller.
- Lily Rabe is one of the twenty-four members that portrayed the same character in different seasons. She portrayed Sister Mary Eunice in Asylum and Freak Show. She also portrayed Misty Day in Coven and Apocalypse.
- The others are Angela Bassett , Christine Estabrook, Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Emma Roberts, Evan Peters , Frances Conroy, Gabourey Sidibe, Jamie Brewer , Jessica Lange, John Carroll Lynch, John Cromwell, Kathy Bates, Lance Reddick , Matt Ross, Naomi Grossman, Mena Suvari , Riley Schmidt, Sam Kinsey , Sarah Paulson, Stevie Nicks, Taissa Farmiga and Wayne Pére .
- All of Lily Rabe's characters have killed at least one person.
- Nora Montgomery killed Charles Montgomery; Sister Mary Eunice killed many inhabitants of the Asylum including The Mexican; Misty Day was responsible for the deaths of two gator hunters and killed The Axeman; Aileen Wuornos killed seven men and Shelby Miller killed Matt Miller.
- Both Nora and Shelby killed their husbands and then, themselves.
- Lily Rabe was one of the "witches" confirmed by Ryan Murphy to guest star in Apocalypse. 
- ↑ Cannes 2012: Lily Rabe to Play Silent Film Star Mary Pickford on Screen.
- ↑ 'Hunger Games' meets 'Game of Thrones': Gwendoline Christie replacing Lily Rabe in 'Mockingjay - Part 2'.
- ↑ Ryan Murphy Confirms the Return of Beloved AHS Repertory Company for S8:Apocalypse on Twitter (@MrRPMurphy) (2018-08-07).