Lady Gaga (born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta) was born March 28 1986, is an American songwriter, singer, actress, philanthropist, dancer and fashion designer. She portrays Elizabeth in Hotel, and the re-enacted Scáthach in Roanoke.
She was born at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City and is eldest child of Joseph "Joe" and Cynthia (née Bissett) Germanotta. Germanotta, now known as Lady Gaga (she has attributed the inspiration for her name to the Queen song "Radio Ga-Ga"), went on to become an international pop star.
Gaga learned to play the piano by the age of 4 wrote her first piano ballad at thirteen, and started to perform at open mike nights by the age of fourteen. At the age of 11, she was accepted to the Juilliard School in Manhattan, but instead attended a private Catholic school in the city. She continued studying music and performing, writing her first piano ballad at the age of 13, and she held her first performance in a New York nightclub at the age of 14.
A few years later, Gaga was granted early admission to New York University's Tisch School of the Arts—she was one of only 20 students in the world to receive the honor of early acceptance. While there, she studied music and worked on her songwriting skills. She later withdrew from school to find creative inspiration. To make ends meet, she took three jobs, including a stint as a gogo dancer, while she honed her performance-art act.
Having two short roles in action movies, two roles in TV series and releasing a concert film, she has 1 nomination for EMMY award, 1 for the Academy Awards, has won 6 GRAMMY Awards, 13 MTV Video Music Awards, 1 Golden Globe and 13 Guinness World Records. Lady Gaga is recognized worldwide for her career as a singer and performer.
- Elizabeth, the countess at the center of the Hotel events, is her first role in American Horror Story, joining the crew as a main actress.
- She is credited with the honorary "and" in the fifth season's opening title sequence.
- She won a Golden Globe for her role as The Countess. She is the second main actress from the show to win the prestigious award, the first one being Jessica Lange for her performance as Constance Langdon in Murder House.
- She also appears as Scáthach in a special guest role on Roanoke.
- She also appeared in Machete Kills with Cuba Gooding, Jr. as La Chameléon.
- Her make up artist, Sarah Tanno created the look of The Countess, 'a bomb Daphne Guinness'.