Jether Polk is one of Mama Polk's offspring, brought up as a savage by his kin.
Personality and Appearance
Among his relatives, Jether is the one who seems to feel a kind of empathy toward other human beings, perhaps due to the fact that he has never killed a human. Jether is obsessed with video recordings and is addicted to cocaine. He often uses videos recorded by him to masturbate.
By his own admission he feels stuck in the middle: not old enough to go to bed with Mama Polk, nor young enough to be cuddled like a child. He dreams of becoming famous, although his total lack of self-esteem and submission to Mama Polk makes Jether inept. Unlike his brothers, Jether seems to be slightly more alert, still showing some deficits.
Jether has an emaciated body due to poor living conditions, covered with scabs and dirt. His face is partially ruined and his clothes are dirty and crumpled.
While Monet, Audrey and Lee are on the run from the spectral Lost Colony in the surrounding woods of Roanoke House, the women are captured by the Polk boys, including Jether. Upon bringing the hostages to his home, Jether immediately shows a morbid interest in them, recording the abuse inflicted upon them with a video camera with the intent of using the recordings to masturbate. 
When Mama Polk entrusts Jether with the task of watching Lee, his interest toward her grows. The two have fleeting discussions, which Lee uses to instill confusion in Jether, making him doubt his loyalty to a family that treats him as an inept. Jether reveals to her that he feels excluded for not having a counterpart in "My Roanoke Nightmare", and dreams of becoming famous. Despite this, he states he will never be as famous as his ancestor, Kincaid Polk, who, emulating the ghost of the Piggy Man at the Chicago World's Fair of 1893, killed several people while wearing a pig's head, thereafter giving way to an urban legend. Jether then reveals that he's never killed a person before, and that Lee will be his first human victim. Between several tortures inflicted on Lee by Mama Polk, with Jether's help, the two continue to talk so that Lee can find a way to escape. Aroused, Jether offers her part of his cocaine and starts to touch himself explicitly. In order to break free, Lee seduces Jether, touching his private parts before choking him with one arm and, finally, killing him by thrusting a knife in his neck.
- This is the fourth character portrayed by Finn Wittrock in American Horror Story. He has previously appeared as Dandy Mott in "FreakShow", and as Tristan Duffy and Rudolph Valentino in "Hotel". All the characters portrayed by Finn Wittrock died by the end of the season in which they appeared.
- Ishmael (to Lee): "Oh, that boy, he got a nose for it. He only good for two things, weed and..."
Jether: "Taking pictures."
- Jether (to Monet and Audrey): "Hello, ladies. Smile for the camera. Smile, goddamn it!"
- Jether: "The babies do cuddles with Mama. I'm too old for that. Lot gets her bed, but he say I'm too young. I'm caught dab in the middle."
- Jether: "I wanted to be on the TV. Ishmael, Cain, Lot...they all got to be in the story."
Lee Harris: "How do you know about the show? "
Jether: "We're part of the United States. We get TV."
- Jether (to Lee): "You best put leaving here out of your mind. Even I can't leave if I want to. I ain't bigger than Piggy Man. Never will be! So shut your mouth! Shut it! Don't care to hear your words no more."