She lost her child on Halloween in the 1920s when they went out for trick-or-treating. Her son, Albert, complained about his costume, as he found the other children's more impressive. Hazel began speaking with a friend, and with her back turned a man lured Albert into his car. By the time Hazel realized it, it was too late. Police later found children held on the killer's chicken ranch, and Albert's body was not found and presumed dead.
She is Mr. March's faithful minion that would do anything for him. The two have been a team since the late 1920s when she worked for him at the hotel. Even after the police chased him she died with him by even asking him to be his last victim. She also left March's handkerchief at the Sabbath worker's murder scene to lead the police to March.
Personality and Appearance
Her maid's uniform appears to be of a 30s vintage and she speaks in a rough brogue. She maintains a cheery demeanor while removing ghastly stains from the linens.
Miss Evers is a ghost and has only been seen vigorously cleaning blood from bed sheets. She has appeared to Vendela, mentioning a terrible accident in Room 51, and to Gabriel, bragging that she can remove any stain.
On Halloween she is getting some sheets cleaned for James March's annual dinner when John Lowe comes to her room after seeing blood coming down from his ceiling. After discovering that John has lost his son as well she starts crying and tells him her story about her kidnapped and later killed son. At the soirée, she serves the guests of Mr. March.
Back to the present, Will is preparing his son Lachlan for the wedding, which is all interrupted when Hazel appeared. Introduced by Lachlan, she was compelled to warn Will about Elizabeth. She explained how Countess stole James March from her. Will anxiously avoided her, claiming that he'll get her 'fired'. Before leaving, she reminds him her preparation to clean the blood off his suit once he's dead. After Ramona attacked Will, she observed his cry for help, while she folded her hands gleefully.
Hazel brokers a vacation to the Cortez for Liz's son, whom she hasn't seen in 31 years. She cautions Liz to be cautious of how accepting the son will be. Liz presents a gift in exchange: oxygen infused laundry soap.She then prepared a formal dinner for John and Alex, then gives Liz a head's up that her son is approaching the bar. She got rewarded with a washer/dryer for helping out the hotel, as she got a tutorial on how to run it.
Albert Evers was the son of Hazel Evers. He was abducted and murdered by Gordon Northcott in 1925.
- To Mr. March: "What a glorious stain!"
- To John: "I have long known that you and I were kindred spirits."
- To Mr. March: "I found this one in the bar, sir, prostituting herself. There's nothing she won't do for a dollar."
- To John: "It's surprising how delicious a little cruelty can taste."
- Miss Evers' son Albert was among the victims of Gordon Northcott, an in-universe depiction of the real perpetrator of those passed to history as the "Wineville Chicken Coop Murders."
- This is the second time Mare Winningham portrays a character tied to Evan Peters' character. In Coven Winningham portrayed Alicia Spencer, the abusive mother of Kyle Spencer.
- Hotel marks the third time Mare Winningham has appeared in a season of AHS.