Cordelia Foxx was the idealistic headmistress of Miss Robichaux's Academy, and fiercely protective of the girls entrusted to her care. In the face of her larger-than-life mother, Fiona, Cordelia struggled to maintain order amidst the dark forces of chaos gathering within the school. 
Personality and Appearance
Cordelia is a young blond-haired woman with a light complexion. She had brown eyes that were damaged by an acid attack orchestrated by the witch hunters, resulting in blindness and her eyes looking like "marbles". Cordelia's sight was later restored by Myrtle using a pair from two members of the Council she killed, giving Cordelia one blue and one brown eye. In an act of desperation, Cordelia stabbed both her eyes with gardening shears to regain her gift of the Sight, though they were once again healed and returned to their brown colour once she completed the Seven Wonders.
Cordelia is gentle and caring toward others, particularly her students, much to the chagrin of her mother, Fiona. Her disdain toward her mother was made clear when she tried to give her mother a potion that would have put her into a coma for a few weeks. Such acts were an established part of their relationship, as were quips and sardonic remarks. However, despite attempting even to murder her, Cordelia was intelligent enough to conclude that the Coven would not survive without her mother's power. She showed a dark side by proclaiming Queenie as "dead" to her for the witch's betrayal and alliance towards voodoo. As a teenager, Cordelia was left behind by Fiona to Myrtle, who was in charge of the Academy back then. Cordelia frequently showed her love for the elder witch and often referred to her as "Auntie Myrtle". She showed extreme dedication and loyalty to the Coven and her students.
Cordelia Foxx explains the history of the Academy to new student Zoe. She also warns Zoe to be careful with her powers so that she will not get caught by humans. A month ago, a witch named Misty Day living in the swamps was burned alive for practicing her power publicly.
Cordelia brews something chemically and is interrupted by her mother, the Supreme Fiona Goode. Cordelia is angry with her for "dumping" her there and wants her to leave. Fiona is disappointed with her daughter because as the daughter of the Supreme, she could have been rich and famous if she wanted to. Fiona reveals that she was convinced to come back when she saw, through the news, that a witch was killed. Despite Cordelia's reluctance and disapproval of being anything but discreet, her mother decides to stay and teach her students how to defend themselves.
At the hospital, Cordelia eagerly hopes for some good news from her fertility physician. Much to her dismay, the doctor tells her she is not ready. The doctor leaves her alone with her husband, Hank Foxx, and the two discuss an alternative means of conception, magic. Cordelia, afraid of becoming like her mother, initially refuses to take such a route, claiming that she does not want to play God. However, her husband shoots back that their current route with science is no different and she reluctantly gives in.
Back at the school, Cordelia collects the needed ritual instruments and ingredients. In her bedroom, she creates a casting circle, placing four eggs around it. She cuts her naked husband's hand and he cuts hers. They drink each other's blood and then begin to have intercourse. The casting circle goes aflame around the impassioned lovers and snakes hatch out of the placed eggs and slither around the entwined couple. After the ritual is over, ending with the two spouses achieving climax, the hope is a baby will be conceived from the union.
Cordelia sees the fertility doctor, who informs her that she cannot become pregnant. Desperate, Cordelia makes an appointment with Marie Laveau about a fertility ritual, to which Laveau guarantees of a 100% success rate. However, thanks to Fiona's actions towards her earlier, Laveau refuses to do the ritual to help Cordelia, "the daughter of her sworn enemy".
She was visited by the Witches Council, who were summoned to the school by Nan in the matter of Madison's disappearance. Cordelia and her sister witches are questioned on the matter. The head of the Council, Myrtle Snow, was convinced that Fiona murdered Madison to keep her from replacing Fiona. Cordelia defended her mother, telling the Council that Madison was not the next Supreme as she had a heart murmur, which contradicts the prerequisite of radiant health. She and Fiona exchange honest questions at a bar, but Fiona swears that she did not kill Madison. Fiona is obsessed with who the next Supreme is to be. In the restroom, Cordelia is accosted and has acid thrown in her face.
Cordelia is taken to a hospital and Fiona learns from one of the doctors that Cordelia is blinded by the sulfuric acid thrown in her face. Hank shows up and tells Cordelia that he will never leave her and touches her hand. This causes Cordelia to convulse with a vision of Hank's infidelity.
After being released from the hospital, Cordelia makes her way back to the home with slight help from Hank. As she enters the room, she complains about the flower arrangement. When Hank attempts to help her sit, she once again has a vision of the mysterious redhead. When questioning Hank about it, he was incapable of a coherent answer, and Cordelia forced him to leave.
While undressing, she seems to struggle, and Fiona tries to help her. Cordelia once again gets a vision, this time of Myrtle being burned. She is angered and hurt by this, and Fiona decides to leave her to grieve.
Feeling her way through her room, she bumps into a table and struggles to take her medicine. She senses someone else in her room and is frightened when she "sees" The Axeman at the foot of her bed. He presses her against the wall, demanding release, but she reveals she is incapable of doing so. She is chased around the room and hides under a table. Zoe, Queenie, and Nan attempt to help her, yet are unable to break into the room. They chant a spell, and The Axeman disappears. Cordelia is saved by the girls and is comforted by them.
In the middle of the night, Hank attempts to call Cordelia, who hangs up on him. Cordelia touches Madison's arm while looking for Delphine at the academy and has visions of Madison's murder at the hands of Fiona. Later, she meets with Zoe and informs her that she is well aware of Zoe's new powers since she unleashed The Axeman into the new world and that because of this, she will now be a target of Fiona. She tells Zoe that Fiona killed Madison so that she could get her life force and help her remain as the incumbent Supreme and that they have to work together to kill Fiona for good.
Cordelia orchestrates a plan to try to get Fiona to take her own life so that a new Supreme, which they assume is Misty Day, will arise. The plan is thwarted because Fiona is saved by the ghost of Spalding. When Fiona goes next door to see Misty, Cordelia begins to follow, but then discovers a silver bullet, a type of weapon used by witch hunters.
In the morning, Fiona says how proud she is of Cordelia's initiative to try to save the coven. Cordelia shows the silver bullet to Fiona and expresses the need for Fiona now that they are under attack by witch hunters.
Cordelia's sight was restored by Myrtle Snow, though it resulted in her loss of the Sight. She began teaching Misty new potions when she was confronted by Hank, begging for reconciliation. She outright rejected him, telling him she was filing for divorce.
After Hank is killed following his attempt to murder Marie Laveau, Cordelia is distraught, believing she drove him to it. Marie reveals that Hank was a witch-hunter and Fiona berates Cordelia for endangering the coven by marrying him. After Nan is killed, Cordelia blinds herself to regain her foresight. After some practice, Cordelia has a vision of Fiona killing all the potential Supremes as well as Cordelia herself. Cordelia confronts the Axeman, informing him that Fiona plans to leave town without him after she kills the next Supreme. Cordelia also uses her vision to locate Misty Day, who was buried in a tomb by Madison. She recruits Queenie and they free Misty. Cordelia uses her powers on the Axeman to reveal that he has killed Fiona, and the entire coven kill him for his deed. With Fiona gone, she tells Misty, Queenie, Madison, and Zoe that they will have to try out the Seven Wonders in order to determine the next Supreme.
All four girls are able to pass telekinesis and Concilium, but during Descensum, Misty Day fails to return to her body from her personal Hell on time and Cordelia cries over her inevitable death as a result of failing the test, as Misty fades into ashes. After Zoe dies, Queenie is unable to resurrect her while Madison refuses to revive the fallen witch, killing and reviving a fly instead. Myrtle suggests that because of her action towards her fellow witches, Madison does not deserve to be the next Supreme.
To Cordelia's distress, Madison appears to be the next Supreme. Myrtle Snow convinces Cordelia to try the Seven Wonders, stating that she has much power and potential that was never achieved thanks to Fiona's treatment of her for years. Cordelia passes Pyrokinesis, Telekinesis, Concilium, Descensum, and Transmutation, leaving Divination (the one test Madison hasn't passed yet), and Vitalum Vitalis. Cordelia passes Divination while Madison fails. Afterwards, Cordelia resurrects Zoe, proving herself as the next Supreme, and her sight is restored after she passes all of the Seven Wonders.
Afterwards, Cordelia returns to her maiden name (Goode) and reveals to the media the existence of witches to inform witches of the Coven's existence and to be used as a safe haven. To Myrtle's insistence, she burns her at the stake for killing two council members. Cordelia confronts Fiona, who reveals that she created a false vision for Cordelia to read so she could find out who the next Supreme was, during which she also reveals that deep down she always knew Cordelia was the next Supreme. However, Fiona's disease has made her too weak to kill Cordelia and she begs for her daughter to kill her. Cordelia refuses, saying that Fiona needs to confront her mortality and embrace it. She and her mother hug as Fiona dies in her arms. Her mother's death causes Cordelia to become the next reigning Supreme.
In 2016, Cordelia enchants a ticket for The Price is Right for Queenie, who flies out to Los Angeles to attend the show and use the magic ticket to win. Unbeknownst to Cordelia and the rest of the coven, this ultimately culminates in Queenie's death at the Hotel Cortez. 
Later in 2016, Cordelia noticed Queenie was missing and went to the Hotel Cortez in order to save Queenie, where she found her ghost playing cards with James March. She tried to extract the ghost past the doors of the haunted hotel but she was unable to release her from the grip of the hotel. Cordelia tries again and again, but to no avail as Queenie's spirit keeps returning to the same room. Queenie comforts Cordelia and reassures her that she is going to be fine and that the latter should return to the Coven where she is needed. Cordelia realized that it was truly a demonic portal that she was unable to overcome. Her powers suppressed by demonic influences, Cordelia regrets the failed rescue as her greatest failure as Supreme.
Back in Miss Robichaux's Academy, Cordelia inspects Zoe as she teaches her students how to change the colour of a rose. She is told by Zoe to pay particular attention to Mallory and watches in awe as the latter transmutes the petals of the rose into butterflies after turning the rose blue. They are interrupted by Myrtle's entrance, who has come to inform the Supreme about the upcoming emergency council that they have to attend, as requested by the Hawthorne School for Exceptional Young Men. Cordelia, Myrtle, and Zoe arrive at the academy, greeted by Ariel and another member of the Council. Inside the building, Ariel thanks his fellow witches for accepting their invitation and for giving him the opportunity to share with them their discoveries. He goes on to talk about Michael and that they have recently sheltered him, something in which Zoe finds no interest. He then continues talking about the extraordinary feats Michael conducted and the fact that he passed their various tests, and claims that his abilities are on the same level as those of the Supreme. Cordelia giggles upon hearing this and question the credibility of his assumption. Ariel reassures her that if he wasn't serious, they wouldn't be holding the council. Cordelia denies the Warlock as, according to her, no male has ever come close to being as powerful as the Supreme, due to the testosterone not fully conducting magical energy from the Ethereal Realm. John states that the witches are not making an effort to hear what they have to say. Myrtle tells him that they have nothing to hear and assertively denies the possibility of a male Supreme ever existing. Ariel is frustrated by the witches' judgment and asks Cordelia to put Michael's abilities to test through the test of the Seven Wonders. Cordelia refuses to administer the test, as she is afraid of putting the boy's life at stake and recalls the death of Misty Day, who took the test before it was her time and, as a result, died. Ariel questions her caring for her students, bringing up Queenie and her mysterious disappearance. The Supreme says that she knew about her missing and her eventual death and narrates her visit at Hotel Cortez to free her spirit. She assures the warlocks that she indeed cares about their kind and will not risk administering the test. When Ariel asks her why she is the one to get to decide this, Cordelia angrily answers that it's because of her status as Supreme. The warlock snaps at her saying that she is a bigot against men and afraid of a male reigning as the Supreme, something that must happen according to him. Cordelia does not falter and decisively ends the Council, her final decision being that the test won't take place. As she exits the building along with the two witches, in the distance, she sees Michael, accompanied by resurrected witches Queenie and Madison. Cordelia is shocked and collapses to the ground as all her fellow witches rush towards her to see if she's fine. 
In 2021, after the worldwide nuclear bombings, she, together with her fellow witches Myrtle Snow and Madison Montgomery, arrived at Outpost 3. She later resurrected Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt, Mallory, and Dinah Stevens.
Cordelia is a very powerful natural born witch who has mastery over all the Seven Wonders, therefore becoming the Supreme for the coven of the Salem descendants.
- Telekinesis - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to move things with only the power of the mind.
- Concilium - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to bend the will of another individual and force them to do whatever the user desires. This power is more commonly known as Mind Control.
- Transmutation - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to instantaneously move from one place to another. This power is more commonly known as Teleportation.
- Descensum - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to descend into the netherworlds of the afterlife.
- Vitalum Vitalis - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to balance the scales between life and death.
- Divination - One of the Seven Wonders, the magical ability to gain knowledge through indirect means.
- The Sight - The magical ability to see the past, present, and future by coming in contact with anything related to that moment, such as a person or object.
- Pyrokinesis - One of the Seven Wonders, magical ability to create, control and manipulate fire with the power of the mind.
- Potioncraft - Affinity for Green Magic, which was using magic through the use of plants and herbs or creating magical concoctions such as a salve to heal Queenie.
- Spellcraft - Affinity for casting spells and performing rituals, including but not limited to Resurrection Spells, Fertility Ritual, Protective spells, and enchantments.
- Radiation Immunity - When Madison, Myrtle, and Cordelia came to Outpost 3, they walked freely on the toxic atmosphere of the outside world caused by the nuclear bombs without suffering any ill effects from the radiation. Either this is the cause of some protection spell or some other means remain to be seen.
- To Fiona Goode: "When are you gonna die and stop ruining my life?"
- To Hank Foxx: "I'm high all right, but it's not the drugs. And rest assured, you will be accountable for every single betrayal, no matter how deep you think your secrets are buried. Now get out of here. Get out!"
- To Zoe, Madison, and Nan: "Losing Queenie is a terrible failure. My failure. But as of now, she's dead to me. And no one else will slip through the cracks."
- To Misty Day: "You're Misty Day! You were set on fire and left for dead. Whatever troubles you had, they are ours now. You're under the protection of this coven. This is your house."
- Cordelia Foxx: "Goddamn it! Could people please not move things? Some of us are blind!"
- Cordelia to the girls: "Careful, girls, it's not a game."
- To Fiona Goode: "The only way out... is through. So, feel the fear and the pain, let it all in, and then let it all go."
- To Madison and Myrtle: "Find our sisters."
- Cordelia Goode: "My effort to rescue Queenie is by far my greatest failure as Supreme."
- She is the third character to be portrayed by Sarah Paulson. For a complete list of her characters, see Cast.
- She is the third character portrayed by Sarah Paulson to appear in more than one season.
- Cordelia is based on the youngest daughter of Shakespeare's King Lear. "I would read more into Lear than the Buffy spin-off," executive producer Tim Minear joked. He added, "I think some of the bigger themes this year is oppression of minorities of all kinds and within that idea, the idea of minority group going after each other and doing the work for the larger culture. There’s a very strong feminist there, there’s also themes of race and themes of oppression and a very strong theme of family, specifically mothers and daughters. Those are some of the things we’ll be exploring this year." 
- She is the only known Supreme to be biologically related to the former Supreme.
- She is the only known witch to still be alive without being resurrected.
- Despite Official poster and press release  for Apocalypse credited her as "Cordelia Foxx", FX Networks: Episode recap and reaction for "Forbidden Fruit" refers to her as Cordelia Goode. 
- See also: Cordelia Goode/Media
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Six Most Apocalyptic Things That Happened on AHS: Apocalypse Episode 3
- ↑ FX Networks
- ↑ Episode: Seven Wonders
- ↑ Episode: Battle Royale
- ↑ Episode: Could It Be... Satan?
- ↑ Episode: Forbidden Fruit
- ↑ Inside TV 'American Horror Story: Coven' scoop: Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson play (spoiler!)
- ↑ American Horror Story: Apocalypse Character Photos Revealed. FX Networks (2018-09-12).