|American Horror Story:|
Apocalypse is the eighth installment of the anthology TV series American Horror Story. The season premiered on FX on September 12, 2018. The season is the highly anticipated crossover between Murder House and Coven, bringing back fan-favorite characters from both seasons along with new characters. “American Horror Story: Apocalypse” features Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Cody Fern, and Evan Peters.
After the nuclear apocalypse, the world’s chosen elite survive in secure outposts created by the mysterious Cooperative in “American Horror Story: Apocalypse.” On the American West Coast, Ms. Wilhemina Venable and Ms. Miriam Mead run Outpost Three with an iron fist. The unexpected arrival of Michael Langdon, a Cooperative representative determined to save society with a secret paradise, throws their order into chaos. However, underneath the surface of humanity’s salvation lies a battlefield for the final conflict between good and evil.
- Sarah Paulson as Ms. Wilhemina Venable, Cordelia Goode and Billie Dean Howard
- Evan Peters as Mr. Gallant and Tate Langdon
- Adina Porter as Dinah Stevens
- Billie Lourd as Mallory
- Leslie Grossman as Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt
- Cody Fern as Michael Langdon
- Emma Roberts as Madison Montgomery
- Cheyenne Jackson as TBA
- Kathy Bates as Ms. Miriam Mead
Supporting and Guest Characters
- Joan Collins as Evie Gallant
- Kyle Allen as Timothy Campbell
- Ash Santos as Emily
- Billy Eichner as Brock
- Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman as Andre Stevens
- Erika Ervin as TBA
- Billy Porter as TBA
- Frances Conroy as Myrtle Snow and Moira O'Hara
- Lily Rabe as Misty Day
- Gabourey Sidibe as Queenie
- Stevie Nicks as herself
- Taissa Farmiga as Zoe Benson and Violet Harmon
- Connie Britton as Vivien Harmon
- Dylan McDermott as Ben Harmon
- Jessica Lange as Constance Langdon
- Riley Schmidt as Rubber Man
|The End||1||September 12, 2018||Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk||Bradley Buecker|
|The Morning After||2||September 19, 2018||James Wong||Jennifer Lynch|
|Forbidden Fruit||3||September 26, 2018||Manny Coto||Loni Peristere|
|Could It Be... Satan?||4||October 3, 2018||Tim Minear||Sheree Folkson|
|Boy Wonder||5||October 10, 2018||John J. Gray||Gwyneth Horder-Payton|
Ryan Murphy revealed the first details of the forthcoming eighth installment when speaking to the press at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour. The showrunner said the eighth season will be set in "the near-distant future. It's a projection story."  Ryan Murphy later added it will take place "18 months from today". 
At an Emmy FYC panel for the latest season, subtitled Cult, Murphy revealed that Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Billy Eichner, Cheyenne Jackson, Adina Porter, and Leslie Grossman will feature in the eighth season, and that in addition to their roles on the series, Paulson and Peters will each make their directorial debuts.  Ryan Murphy also revealed that three of the leads are minorities. 
Murphy later said he is in talks with Anjelica Huston for an unspecified role, and that Kathy Bates will also return after her one-year hiatus from the AHS Repertory Company. Always during the Emmy FYC panel, Murphy revealed Peters' character will be a hairdresser, and Dame Joan Collins will be playing his grandmother.  Actress Joan Collins confirmed her involvement via Twitter. 
Filming is set to begin around June 16, 2018. 
Murphy has promised that fan favorites will return and many of the witches from Coven have been asked to return.  On June 17, Emma Roberts announced her return as Madison Montgomery  and Sarah Paulson announced that Cordelia Foxx will be back. 
Murphy also addressed online rumors that season 8 might be titled "Radioactive". Says the producer, "I heard about that rumor. Well, that's based on a fact that we've cleared a lot of titles for that show. It's an interesting idea. I can neither confirm nor deny." 
Murphy also revealed to EW that his long-time star (and muse) Sarah Paulson would have a very specific look for this installment. "Sarah Paulson is very excited about the dental appliances she will be wearing on the show," teases Murphy. 
On August 7, 2018, Ryan Murphy revealed that Stevie Nicks, Lily Rabe, Gabourey Sidibe, Frances Conroy, and Taissa Farmiga will all return for Apocalypse.  They will all reprise their role as the witches from Coven. 
On the second half of August, 2018, more information about Murder House connections were released. First and foremost, the much awaited and requested return of American Horror Story alumna Jessica Lange, who will reprise her iconic, Emmy-winning role as Constance Langdon from the first season.  It was later revealed that Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott will be returning for Apocalypse, reprising their roles as Vivien and Ben Harmon.  Taissa Farmiga will also reprise her role of Violet Harmon in addition to Zoe, joined by Evan Peters as his fan-favorite role of Tate Langdon, among other new characters.
On September 5, 2018, Dame Joan Collins revealed in an interview with Larry King that she will be playing "at least, three to four different roles", implying a trichotomy to the season's plot structure. 
Promotional posters on Twitter and Instagram reveal the post-apocalyptic ruins of locations featured in every past season: The Murder House, Briarcliff Manor, Miss Robichaux's Academy, Fraulein Elsa's Cabinet of Curiosities, the Hotel Cortez, the Roanoke House, and Brookfield Heights, implying that every season will be interconnected this season.
- ↑ Hollywood Reporter, Ryan Murphy Offers First Details of 'AHS' Season 8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ryan Murphy Confirms ‘American Horror Story’ Season 8 Is Set “18 Months From Today”; Joan Collins To Play Evan Peters’ Grandmother
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Hollywood Reporter, 'American Horror Story' Season 8: What We Know So Far
- ↑ Joan Collins's reaction on Twitter
- ↑ Bentley, Jean (2018-06-17). Ryan Murphy, Sarah Paulson and Emma Roberts Tease 'American Horror Story' Season 8!. Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved on 2018-03-20.
- ↑ Ryan Murphy's announcement on Twitter
- ↑ Ryan Murphy, Sarah Paulson and Emma Roberts Tease 'American Horror Story' Season 8!. Just Jared.Com (2018-06-17). Retrieved on 2018-06-18.
- ↑ Emma Roberts teasing fans on Instagram
- ↑ Sarah Paulson on Twitter
- ↑ Stack, Tim (March 20, 2018). American Horror Story: Kathy Bates to return for season 8. Entertainment Weekly.com. Retrieved on 2018-06-18.
- ↑ Stack, Tim (January 09, 2018). American Horror Story 8: Sarah Paulson will be wearing 'dental appliances,' says Ryan Murphy. Entertainment Weekly.Com. Retrieved on 2018-06-18.
- ↑ Ryan Murphy announces Michael Langdon's Return
- ↑ Harnick, Chris (July 27,2018). Who Is Michael Langdon? Cody Fern Is American Horror Story: Apocalypse's Villain (?). E!Online. Retrieved on 2018-07-30.
- ↑ Birnbaum, Debra (August 7,2018). Stevie Nicks, Lily Rabe, Gabourey Sidibe and More Join ‘American Horror Story: Apocalypse’. Variety. Retrieved on 2018-08-7.
- ↑ The Coven Returns - Ryan Murphy on Twitter (@MrRPMurphy)
- ↑ O'Connell, Micheal (2018-08-03). American Horror Story': Jessica Lange Returning for 'Apocalypse'. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved on 2018-08-08.
- ↑ Maas, Jennifer (2018-08-23). Connie Britton to Return to ‘AHS: Apocalypse’ (Exclusive). The Wrap. Retrieved on 2018-08-23.
- ↑ Stack, Tim (2018-08-24). American Horror Story: Apocalypse: Taissa Farmiga will reprise both her Murder House and Coven characters. EW. Retrieved on 2018-08-24.
- ↑ Dame Joan Collins on American Horror Story - Apocalypse on Larry King's Now