Audrey was born in England, therefore she has an English/British accent. Nothing else is known about her except that she is older than 29.
She used to be a stage actress, as she tells Matt she once played a nurse in Her Majesty's Theatre.
Personality and Appearance
Audrey is a woman obsessed with her own age and prone to sharp jokes.
Audrey has a short bobbed haircut, framing her long face. She has a prominent nose, full lips and defined brows. She also has a small tattoo on the back of her neck.
Although she is very loving towards her husband and he reciprocates her feelings, she has a tendency to doubt his affections for her, most likely due to their age difference.
Like her co-stars, she treats Shelby and Matt's story with complete skepticism, as she never had any paranormal experiences during the filming of my Roanoke Nightmare. This is evident from how she continuously makes remarks about how fake Shelby and Matt's story is, and from her unconvinced reaction to a pool of human blood.
Despite owing her success to Shelby as she portrayed her, she seems to have a mild dislike of her. This is shown through her overreaction to Shelby's comment about how 'It's never too late for love', her repeated denial of any truth to her Roanoke account, as well as referring to Shelby as 'fiery and pathetic'.
After portraying Shelby Miller in My Roanoke Nightmare, Audrey is rewarded with international praise and award nominations. She also marries her fellow co-star, Rory Monahan. However, her co-star Agnes Mary Winstead began stalking and threatening to attack Audrey after she beat her at the Saturn Awards. Unbeknowst to Audrey, Agnes' violent behaviour is not out of jealously, but because she was beginning to think that she was truly the Butcher. She and her husband agree to return to the show's sequel, Return to Roanoke: Three Days in Hell, as they do not believe that the land is inhabited by paranormal beings.
During their first night, Audrey immediately learns her husband will be leaving the show as he will be working with Brad Pitt. Although in her second confessional she says she trusts him to be away for six months, she conveys a hesitant tone that expresses her doubt for Rory's affections. After not experiencing anything unusual for most of that day, she sees a supposed phony actor that Sydney hired to scare her for the sake of drama. Clearly traumatized from the event, her husband Rory goes upstairs on her behalf to find the 'actor.' Essentially, she caused her husband's later death at the hands of the nurses.
The next morning, Rory is still nowhere to be found. During everyone's search for him in the house, they find a pool of blood. Although this startles everyone, she attributes the blood to be Sydney's dramatic means for Rory to exit. She confirms her earlier doubt for Rory in her third confessional, where she states that Rory left her due to problems regarding their large age difference.
When Agnes attacks Shelby, she volunteers to accompany Lee and Monet to find Sydney, who suspiciously hasn't contacted medical services. She only begins to believe that there is some truth to the Roanoke story when the three of them are chased by a spirit in the tunnels. When the group come across Sydney's trailer and subsequently the bodies of everyone Agnes murdered, Audrey isn't too sharp to assume that they are all dead - likely a result of her inability to process the things happening around her.
After running away and hiding from a mob of spirits in the middle of the woods, she videotapes what she believes to be her last recording, reaffirming her love for Rory and her hopes that he is still alive. These hopes are ruined when she notices blood dripping on her face; her husband's corpse was hung above her.
When the Polks capture her, she tries to reason with them to give her some marijuana that was originally hers. Audrey and Monet are forced to eat Lee's raw flesh under their captor's torture. 
While tied up with Monet, two of the Polk brothers begin making teeth necklaces out of the belief that it will protect them. They run out of teeth and attempt to take Monet's teeth out, but her chair breaks and she fights them off enough to escape, leaving Audrey behind. Mama comes in and decides to take the teeth from Audrey while the others hunt Monet. Audrey insults them for being incestuous, inciting violence in Mama, but Lee arrives in time to knock out Mama and untie Audrey. Audrey then bashes Mama's head in with a sledgehammer before her and Lee flee back to the tunnels.
When they finally arrive to the house, they find Matt and Shelby's dead bodies and, with Dominic being the only one left alive, believe he did it. Lee throws him out of the room and lets him get killed by the Piggy Man, much to Audrey's dismay. Audrey films herself saying goodbye to her fans in case she doesn't survive.
Lee and Audrey wake up alive the next morning and Lee insists on going back to the Polk's house, destroying the cameras and hot-wiring their truck, but Audrey refuses. Lee eventually convinces Audrey, telling her that the wrong people could use the videos for blackmail. The two head out the front door and are scared by what they believe is the pig-faced ghost, but, after Lee hits it with a crowbar, turns out to be an extra, one that Audrey apparently knows.
- Audrey Tindall is the eighth character portrayed by Sarah Paulson in American Horror Story. In chronological order they are: Billie Dean Howard ("Murder House", "Hotel"); Lana Winters ("Asylum", "Roanoke"); Cordelia Foxx ("Coven"); Bette and Dot Tattler ("Freak Show"); Sally McKenna ("Hotel"); Shelby Miller and Audrey ("Roanoke").
- Roanoke is the season where Sarah Paulson has portrayed the highest number of characters.
- Audrey is Sarah Paulson's first American Horror Story character to not possess an American accent.
- In Chapter 7, she implies that she is fifteen years Rory's senior through an analogy about marriage and age differences.
- Audrey, Shelby, Mason, Sidney and Matt are the only characters involved with the Roanoke incident that weren't killed by the forces brought from the paranormal entities of Roanoke.
- Audrey is Sarah Paulson's second character to die in the course of the series in which she appears. The first was Sally McKenna (although in a flashback, because she was a ghost at the beginning of the fifth season).
- This makes Audrey her first character to be killed off the show
- In real life, Sarah Paulson is the younger woman in her relationship with actress Holland Taylor, who is 31 years her senior. Some fans have speculated that some of Audrey's dialogue about age not being an issue between her and Rory was a wink to the audience to reflect Sarah and Holland's much publicised relationship.
- Audrey (about Rory): "Who could have guessed that a woman of a certain age could have landed such a handsome young stud?"
- Shelby: "It's never too late for love."
Audrey: ""Too late"? What do you mean? When is it "too late"? When your heart ossifies? When your vagina exsiccates into an ancient artifact? Or is it just any woman over the age of 29? What do you mean?"
- Audrey (looking at Sidney with his entrails out): "I think he's dead."
Lee: "You think? "
Audrey: "Oh, leave me alone! I'm not American! I'm not used to all this carnage! Oh, God."
- Audrey: "You pig-fucking psychopaths!"
Mrs. Polk: "How dare you! It is forbidden to lay with a beast!"
Audrey: "Oh please. Where else do you think you got those monstrosities for sons you twat???"