|Portrayed by||Britne Oldford|
|First Appearance||Welcome to Briarcliff|
|Cause of Death||Unknown|
|Relationships||Kit Walker (Husband/Alleged Murderer)|
Extraterrestrials (Purported Abductors)
Julia Walker (Daughter with Kit Walker)
Alma Walker is a recurring character on AHS:Asylum. She is the wife of Kit Walker. She was allegedly murdered by him, which is why he was committed to Briarcliff Manor, though he insists that she was abducted by aliens.
Because she is African-American, her marriage to Kit was kept secret to avoid social repercussions. Rumor in their community is that she is his maid, though this is suspicious as he is merely a gas station attendant.
Personality and Appearance Edit
Like Wendy, she is more concerned than her partner about public opinion. She is a dedicated housewife and passionate lover who finds time for both.
She is a slender woman with light caramel skin and black hair worn in a closely cropped natural style.
Episodic Appearances Edit
- Welcome to Briarcliff - At home, she greets Kit's arrival from work. He suggests that they tell the world of their marriage but she insists that they maintain the secret until the world is ready for change. After some passionate love-making she leaves Kit in bed to finish preparing his dinner. She is heard calling to Kit for help during the chaos of his purported alien visitation. There is no sign of her when he returns. She is believed to be among those killed by Bloody Face. While Kit is subjected to Dr. Arden's illicit experimentation, he envisions Alma among the aliens, again calling for help.
- I Am Anne Frank: Part 1 - An alternative to Alma's fate is presented to Kit by Dr. Thredson, who suspects he is guilty of all charges but that his guilt has caused him to go into denial. Overcome with the societal pressures of hiding his marriage to her, and further harassment from Billy and friends, Kit brutally beat her to death before carrying out the rest of Bloody Face's MO.
- I Am Anne Frank: Part 2 - Alma once again appears among the extraterrestrials, this time to comfort Grace as the aliens surgically incise her abdomen.
- Unholy Night - Alma appears during Kit's hallucination, and the two are seen together at Christmastime while she is pregnant. Alma turns into Grace near the end of the hallucination.
- Spilt Milk - Grace tells Kit that Alma died as a result of a mistake made by the extraterrestrials. When a newly freed Kit and Grace enter Kit's home, he hears a noise coming from the living room. He enters to find Alma holding a newborn child.
- Continuum-She, Kit, and Grace are living happily and raising their children together. However, Grace sees her experience with the aliens as spiritual, believing the children are miracles that they will return for some day, while Alma thinks them evil and full of malice. She wants to forget and has become paranoid and psychologically shaken by the experience. A conflict inevitably arises and Alma kills Grace with an axe in a moment of madness. She is committed to Briarcliff, and later dies there of unknown causes. Kit takes her body home to bury her.